Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pallisade 12/31/09
Well it was our turn to hit PalliSade this morning and also had the lake to ourselves, However, the full moon got the best of us. managed a few planters, the bite was very light, need to get me some wire tips for my poles, you could barely feel the tap, I will be back though, I think there is good days ahead for this little pond. Just a shout out for the Ranger, he came out on the ice and checked our liscenses and said today was his last day, he is retireing after 20 years at palliSade. He spent a good 20 minutes giving us every tip he could about the lake Thank you, it was good to visit and send you off to bigger and better things, However, who could leave that little peace of paridise. We had some high energy kids with us today so staying focused on the fish was a bit harder than i wanted. A return trip is in order though.
[signature]
That guy checked me too. He was very nice. Wire bobbers are a must. I would have had a slow day also without them. The bite was really light.
[signature]
Good ridenence maybe I will go back down with that A-hole gone I've had nuthin but problems with that ranger.
[signature]
second that!! good ridenence to the A-hole ranger bird.. nothing but a problem for fishermen!!
[signature]
Why was he a problem, he seemed pretty good to me, you obey the rules and follow the law and what problem would there be! He sure new that lake pretty well.
[signature]
let just say it will be the best thing to happen for the fishermen on that lake that ( i am the god of paleSades) well not be there any more!! glad to see him go! and thats as mild as i can put it!! [crazy]..
[signature]
If I am talking about the same dude that guy was a real DB. He once tried to give my dad a lecture for killing a rattlesnake that was coiled up rattling under the steps of our trailer. He said something about how they aren't really that dangerous and the would relocate it. That is fine and dandy but when your son almost gets bit for exiting the trailer it is then that you kill the snake when you are in danger. Anyways I'm sure the guy's family loved him, that is all that matters, considering that 90% of the rest of Utah that went to PaliSades didn't.
[signature]
To bad you had a bad time with RB. He checked me many times and even tho he knew I had a license, he would check because that is his job. Then he would help in any way he could. Some of the best advice on fishing P. was given by him. I guess you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.
[signature]