Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Shelter Questions
I just got a shelter from Cabelas and set it up the other day. It has so many pin holes in the one that it looks like the milky way on a dark night. There are others throughout out the shelter. I can understand a few holes. How does this compare to other shelters? I think I might exchange it because I am in Utah now for another few hours.
[signature]
I've got an eskimo quickfish3 and it doesn't have any pinholes like that
[signature]
Take it back. Cabelas will stand behind it and get another. If that one has the same problem, get another brand name
[signature]
Thanks for the quick replys. I will see what they say at Cabelas.
[signature]
I've got a Quickfish 6. I highly suggest getting it. Well worth the money. Easy setup and easy tear-down. Aided with a heater of any sort and you can't lose. No pinholes in mine that i've found and its great for stormy or windy days. Was able to keep the little one on the ice in a full out blizzard. My suggestion: Quickfish 6 all the way.
[signature]
+1 on the Quickfish. I just got the Quickfish III and have been very pleased. I felt it was a little better built than the Cabela's brand, although I think the fabric is the same thickness on both.
[signature]
the quickfish is about the best shelter i have seen and used for fast set up durability and protection and still lightweight and easy to cary. i also have a grand caravan but if you dont take a machine with that one it takes all the fun out of it.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I got to check out one of the new 6 person Eskimo ice shelters down at Utah Lake the other day. That thing is big, easy to set up and tear down and has some real cool features. I'm going to get one.
[signature]
HCOOUTFITTERS is exactly right, I have one, best thing I have in additions to the brand new ICE-55 Humminbird and the brand new power auger.
[signature]
I needed something to keep my 3 year old warm in if the weather goes south. He went with me most of the time last year. I have the one that is the same size as the Quickfish 6 and the extra room is great. I looked at the Quickfish 6 and the Clam Comand Post but they had the Cabelas one on sale for $229 so that allowed more jigs to go in the tackle box. The black outside soaked up the sun at Strawberry and we had water on top of the ice. I plan on overnighting in it sometime next month.
[signature]
My Cabela's has no pin holes anywhere in it.
Take it back.
[signature]
I have a Cabela's also.

It has some pin holes, I figured it was normal, so didn't worry about it.

I have used the Quickfish6 and now own the Cabela's brand I don't see a difference between the two. I do like the black Ice-armor material of the Cabela's brand. It warms the inside really well as oposed to the red Quickfish.

From what I understand the Cabela's brand tent is made by Clam which labels them "Command Post" tents.

At 40 pounds and 2 minutes to set up, it will always beat sitting on a bucket, even if the tent has some pinholes.
[signature]
I've been in some black shelters that warmed up nicely. I was a little worried about my red quickfish that it wouldn't do the same. In 32* outside temperature the other day at Strawberry, the inside of the red tent warmed up to 69*.
[signature]
[cool]I stood inside of one of those at Cabellas the other day and that's what I noticed too. Also, the material seemed thinner and less insulated than the other tent types like the quickfish 3 and the icecube, but yet they charge the same price...
[signature]