Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50+ fish day......
Went to Strawberry again this morning. Left the Marina in -9 degree temps with a slight fog. Had intention of going back to our honey holes from yesterday. That was a no go. ended up south west of marina instead. Fishing was pretty consistent through out the day. Fished with nothing but Radical Glow Tube jigs. Mainly the 2.25". However we caught them with the 3.5" as well. Caught a majority of them on the natural glow color. But fish were caught on the watermelon, shad white, chartreuse, chartreuse with natural green tail and pink with natural green tail. Fish were caught in various depths anywhere from 2 - 21' below the ice. I had several fish come up and tag my transducer in my hole! Thats exciting, If only I had a pistol...We managed at least 10 fish three feet below the ice. All in all the fish were on our side. Alvin had a fatty rainbow poke his head through the hole before he broke off the jig. Biggest fish recorded today was 23". Had everything loaded and headed home by dark. Said and done 50+ slimers had seen the likes of us. Couldn't ask for a better day on the ice.....
[signature]
nice job [#ff0000]AGAIN[/#ff0000] today bigbow. seems like you guys have the magic touch up at the berry. you guys are coming up to the Burbot Bash at the gorge aren't you??
[signature]
Nice report, glad to see success at the berry. The fish look great. I find it interesting that you only used the jigs and did not tip them with anything. I gotta get back up to the berry!
[signature]
I am going to be at the bash. Flaming gorge is my home turf. I grew up no far from there.
[signature]
"I find it interesting that you only used the jigs and did not tip them with anything"

Sorry if you feel mislead or misinformed. But I never said that we didn't tip the jigs or scent the jigs in anyway. I meant to say we didn't use any other jigs other that Radical Glow tube's.
[signature]
thanks for the report. thats the second time i've heard of fish hitting transducers. last week when i was at the berry i had a fish attacking my transducer also. i was wondering if it was just my showdown because of the ticking noise that it puts out. but i guess it does it with the flashers too.
[signature]
I had this happen to me several times through out today. I was releasing a fish the first time it happened, It surprised me. I definitely wasn't expecting it. It's quite comical seeing those cutt's come up like that to try and eat it. Maybe I need a big black oval shaped jig to catch the fish...
[signature]
Great report, glad to hear their active. Sounds like you got them dialed in, appreciate the update. BTW some nice looking fish there.
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Casey,

I sent you a PM.[/#800000][/font][/size]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
good to see the home boy's wackin'em good on ya bro. how's brett and the fam?enjoy the pm's from the mass of berry sucker's lol send me a deal on facebook again i ignored some one's mafia bs and hit the ignore on you so try it again.
[signature]
lol. Brett and his flock of girls are good. Can't wait to hit the gorge for teh Burbot. We need to get together and whack some mac's Ash!!! It's been far to long
[signature]
Thanks Hook Setter. I had a hard time closing my eyes last night and not seeing fish coming through my ice holes....
[signature]
I'll check that out Dubob. Thanks
[signature]
Nice to see pics for a change and all the tips! Looks and sounds like you had a GREAT DAY! Can one get around the lake on an ATV or is the snow too deep or too slushy? Looks like there wasn't much snow inside your tent unless you shoveled it all away?
[signature]
Nice fish!!! Wish I could have been there! I will be going this weekend for sure. You in?
[signature]
Sorry if you feel mislead or misinformed. But I never said that we didn't tip the jigs or scent the jigs in anyway. I meant to say we didn't use any other jigs other that Radical Glow tube's.[/quote]

Oh that makes sense. I thought for a while that you were some sort of superhero fisherman!!![Smile] Either way, nice fish!!!
[signature]
I haven't found any slush yet. the snow was less than 12". I took my wheeler out there and did fine in 2 wheel drive.
[signature]
I will be there this weekend sundancespts. Bring the BEER
[signature]
Thank you RainbowLunker. Can't wait to get back out there. Might try to do a night fish up there this week..... Hopefully tomorrow night.
[signature]