Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon rod holder setup
Well as promised, here are a couple of pics of my rod holder I built for the toon. I used 1 1/4" PVC, 10" lengths for the holders. The swaged end of the holder was done using my trusty dremmel drill, a propane torch, and a childrens Tylenol bottle! I used 1/2" PVC for the main frame, and to attatch the rod holder to the frame of the toon. I used 3/4" stainless screws to mount it to the frame, and I used on of the quick D ring pins for easy removal of the holder. Sturdy, yet detatchable.[Wink] I didn't get a chance to weigh it yet, but I'm putting the overall weight at around 2 lbs. I've had it out on the pond a few times now, and it performs quite nicely. The rod holder is on the side of the toon, yet in a position where the oars are not affected by its placement.

[Image: Toonrodholder1.jpg]

[Image: Toonrodholder2.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]Looks good to me. And, the weight is well within what you would want it to be if you have to carry it far. It looks like it is handy, yet out of the way for operating the oars.

Nice work, my son. And, thanks for sharing. I now how your pics stored in my archives. Maybe you will become famous (or infamous) someday.
[signature]
I'd be happy to email you the original pics if you'd like. They are just a tad too big for posting here.[Smile] If you need any other shots, or different angles just let me know. Thanks TubeDude.
[signature]
[cool]If you have any other pics that you think might be more descriptive, go ahead and email them to me. However, the two you sent do a good job of showing the design and mounting. I also copied your written instructions.

I do not need pics with greater file size or resolution. I will not be publishing them, but may need to forward them to someone in the future with a similar need. They are just right for that purpose.

Thanks again for sharing. Looks like you are handy at the tool bench. Your workmanship is good. Thank God for PVC. Right?
[signature]
I can't say that the other pics I have are any more informative. But if you ever need more, let me know. Thanks TubeDude.
[signature]
Very nice!
[signature]