Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IGFA Makes Announcement On World Record Bass
The IGFA will make an announcement on Friday 1/18/10 on the status of the new pending world record bass. The whole story is at Northeast Bass Fishing For Trophy bass.
[signature]
EVENT That is highly reccomended!!!! You bet I will be listening to this... The New World Record bass has everyones attention right now... Thank you for sharing the information....
[signature]
Long over due. Now we have to wait till he breaks that record.
[signature]
THE WORLD RECORD LARGEMOUTH WILL CHANGE THE FUTURE: It is the genetic future where science and genetics can develope Largemouth species that will produce bigger fish than we have ever seen... I truly believe that Japanese have developed their own genetic Largemouth that is not like the American strain, maybe Florida or California, but their version has something totally different....
[signature]
I found the info below:

Tomorrow on Friday, January 8, IGFA will release its decision on what may be the most significant record application in recent history.

On July 2, 2009 bass enthusiast, Manabu Kurita landed a 22 lb 4 oz largemouth bass from Japan’s Lake Biwa.

This catch is eligible to tie the nearly 78 year old All-Tackle record caught in 1932 by George Perry.
Over the last five months, IGFA has been engaged in collecting a considerable amount of information and testimony from the angler, fisheries authorities and representatives from our sister organization, the Japan Game Fish Association.

Also article and photo can be found at:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/fishing_articles/Freshwater_Fishing_Articles/Bass_Small_Largemouth_/New_World_Record_Largemouth_Black_Bass__722.html"]World Record Bass Article[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
It's officially a tie!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
NEW WORLD RECORD LARGEMOUTH BASS: I guarantee we will see another record in the next 5 years... Japan currently holds the title and I would not be suprised to see another one... When these new Genetic largemouth have took effect, we will probably see the New Record stand close to 30lbs... Could you Imagine that???
[signature]