Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hryrum Swim Beach Road??
I am thinking of hitting Hyrum tomorrow from the swim beach parking lot. My friend got his huge excursion stuck there last week after the four wheel drive failed. I was just wondering if it has been plowed yet. I have a jeep so not too worried but info would be helpful before making the trek from SLC. Thanks.
[signature]
When I fished there on saturday afternoon there was a truck going up and down the hill with a plow. I was a ways away, but it looked like the road was clear. I heard that the gate was locked for a bit, but I'll bet if they went through the trouble of plowing that it is back open. It hasn't really snowed since then.
[signature]
Hyrum!!!! Where is that exactly located at? You got my curiosity going on this and wondering if you can tell us where you from...
[signature]
Hryum in up just short of Logan. You need to head toward logan then take a left at the city of Hyrum. Ask any gas station from there how to get to the lake.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. With the news on Deer Creek I might head there instead. But the fishing has been great at Hyrum for 12-18 inch bows. Guess I will flip a coin in the morning to decide. Either way just need something to tug my lines.
[signature]
Yup, they're keeping the road and lower lot clean for anglers. Make sure you pay the park fees though. It pays for the plowing and keeps you from getting a ticket!

I had a buddy go over there last weekend and put a hurt on the bows. He also caught a ton of dink perch also.
[signature]
I've heard reports this week that it has slowed down considerably over by the swim beach and SE areas. Lots of people were fishing near the dam/spillway area however, so who knows.
[signature]