Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Island SLOWW!!!
Hit a very cold and foggy deer creek this morning armed to the teeth for some fat troutskies. However, the trout where not on the south side of the Island that is for sure. Thin ice, well that was there. Tried to get to the west side of the island but after some sagging ice and big pops I was content to try my luck on the south side. 3 hours later and not a bite in 10 degree weather and wind and I was done. Bearly registered anyting on the fish finder as well. Only one other sled track on the ice that I followed. Ice was 3 1/2 were I drilled at 13 and 21 feet. I talked to a few other folks that had caught 2 or 3 in the 12-17 inch range but slow from what I could gather. They obviously where not by me..lol. Someone chime in if they did well.
[signature]
Terrible weather!!! 10 degrees and cold and your out there hitting the water... When you guys get out there fishing what kind of heaters do you use?
[signature]
I am the poor mans icefisherman..lol. XGuard and some good layers plus snow pants and great boots. Heater??? Come on. Actually wish I had a shelter and heater.
[signature]
-9 where we were at! Burrrrrrrr.... heaters are for pansys. [Wink]
[signature]
I hit the island today. Just got back. We were on the NE side and did quite well. Ice is 3-4 inches thick, but is clear very hard ice. It was singin as we left. Fished from 30 to 54 feet deep and trout caught at every depth. No perch.
[signature]
Well I guess I should have fished that side. In the fog I could not tell if there was open water/this ice over on that side or not. Glad you got into some.
[signature]