Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview 7/17/03
Planning on chasing some fish at pineview this afternoon and was wondering if anyone had any recent info. I've only ice fished there in the winter. I have everything it takes to troll except the pineview knowledge. Any help would be greatly accepted. (Where to launch, what to use, where to fish, any hazards to watch out for, etc....)
[signature]
There are two launches one on cemetary point, you have to go through Huntsville to get to that one ther other is on the east side of the lake, and I don't know anything about that one. As far as trolling, I don't know, but you've asked for info in the right place. Good luck.

Oh yeah GO COWBOYS!!! Sorry have to rib ya, life long Dallas fan, even when they went 1-15.
[signature]
The weekend of the Fourth I ventured to Pineview (my first without an icecap) and used what I think was called the Port ramp. Plenty of parking for the holiday users, plenty of width on the ramp for several rigs, reasonable at $6 for a quick dump off the trailer and a decent dock. I didn't locate many fish but saw dozens of carp jumping. My son spent an hour frolicking on a beach where he caught his first muskie through the ice and we saw dozens fishing from the shore. I will find out where the muskies lurk yet this summer. I trolled 3/4 of the lake that day in order to learn more about what lies in the depths. I'm convinced all of the fish were in the 1/4 I didn't get to. Let's have fun chasing them then put them back quickly.

Go VIKES!!!
Kevin
[signature]