Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing Cutler Res.?
On Utah.com it says that Cutler Reservoir has perch, crappie and even walleye in it. Has anyone had success through the ice or even on soft water for these species? So far it sounds like Pineview has been the best for perch this year but has a lot of small ones mixed in with the pigs.
[signature]
I have lived in cache valley for 30 years, and can't say that I have seen a single sole ever fishing Cutler through the ice? My buddies and I got real adventerous about 14 years back and ice fishing the bear river above cutler with zero success. Cutler is hard enough to fish when you can cover some serious area in a boat. Your chances of catching a fish confined to a little hole in the ice would be like hitting the lottery in my opinion! But at least you won't have to deal with a crowd out there!
[fishin]
MM
[signature]
Yes, Cutler has all of those fish in it but I think you would have to have a lot of guts to fish it through the ice. The water currents and channels are ever changing and you never know if you are on safe ice!
[signature]
Some very nice crappie and largemouth in Cutler- also some nice Walleye ( tougher to come by) decent Smallies and cats also. Need to learn it though.
I have seen people ice fish and like what was said- currents and I wouldn't step foot on it. Just not worth it.
[signature]
My buddy and I are actually planning to try cutler through the Ice at least once this winter. we'll let you know how we do.
[signature]
Best bet would be to drop a dough ball down and get after those carp![fishin]
[signature]