Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Day - Rock to Echo
Man oh man, what a great day again at The Rock. I started off on the southeast side and the first half hour of fishing I was in 10 to 12 feet of water and not a single bite. So what is the rule of ice fishing - move if you don't get anything. So that's what I did. I went out to the semi center of that part of the lake and WHAM!! Fish on almost immediately. After 3 hours out there and a total of 14 slimers and 5 perch, I decided to go. By the way, I was in about 20 to 22 feet of water, using a light blue radical jig tipped with maggots. Anyway after those three hours I decided to go and head for Echo to try it. I was on the highway side about halfway up the lake in about 15 to 17 feet of water. The fishing was not as good at Echo but I still ended up with 9 slimers. The biggest fish at The Rock was an almost 18 inch slimer, but most of them were around 14 to 16. Put them all back including the perch, which mostly around 9 to 10 inches except one little tiny one. The fish at Echo were around 14 to 16 also and put all of them back. Just a good day. Sorry no pics today, I'm an idiot and forgot the camera.
My next trip is for Bob and Betty Burbot at the Bash!!!
[signature]
So was it a zoo out on the rock today? Nice job catching the slimers. This year has been surprisingly good at rockport, but maybe any other years I have been fishing the wrong spots. I should be out there again soon.
[signature]
Thanks. You know it didn't seem like very many people were there until I was driving by as I was leaving, then looking down at the lake from the highway there were people all over the place. A guy could make a killing selling hot drinks on the ice at that place on days like today. I was very surprised to get into the trout that far out, last time I was there they were right up next to the edge in the 12 feet water. I used to think back in the late 70's and early 80's that I could read a lake a fish pretty well, not any more. Now I often wonder if I can even make it back to the right shore line.
[signature]