Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day on Sportsmans Park
Check out the pics!
[signature]
Very nice!, Looks like about 170 perch there? What was the average size and how big is the large one? Obviously you found the right spot and the right bait. Care to share? [angelic]
[signature]
[Wink] OK! well i am just playing with you guys, after not having a decent day fishing since first ice at chesterfield this year, i was looking over some old pics and thought i would share one of the best days fishing i have ever had.

fished sun up to sundown, they would bite anything, couldnt fish more than one pole, water was only about 3 ft deep and they were on as fast as you could get the jig in the water. The number was 177 kept, we kept nothing under 12 inches, the big one was pushing 15. probably only kept 1/3 of the fish caught that day. it took the two of us 4.5 hours to clean these fish and had over 5 gallon bags of fillets when we were done.

bet you wonder where?? well.... i there is a small pond east of Boise, Blacks Creek, that rarely ever freezes over, I had my eye on it for years and in the winter of 07 it finally froze over enough to walk on, well you can see the spoils! we came back the next day and the ice was bad. it must have some kind of fluke, but i have fished it the year after, and only caught a few very bad looking fish, and fished it last year and caught nothing. this pond is probably less than an acre and i am guessing the ecosystem just couldnt support this kind of fish population.

hope everyone enjoyed the pics and hope i didnt get anyone too excited, my total perch tally for this year amounts to only TWO!
[signature]
[Wink] Nice to see some perch on the ice this year. fishing-time
[signature]
[center][blush] FUNNY IT LOOKS LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AT SPORTMANS PARK .FISHING-TIME
[signature]
That's a dirty trick, I LIKE IT.....
[signature]
Nice fish.

FR
[signature]
That would make a KILLER Super Bowl party snack. Well done on the trickery...freakin' punk!
[signature]
i didnt think it was funny. i literaly started getting everything reday to go to american fall reservoir when i read your first post! i am Sad.
[signature]
CJ,

I have to agree chromejunky. The only thing worse would be somebody that posts misinformation and never tells us the truth. We all should recognize that some people will only read the initial post and load up and go. It is also possible to get interrupted or lose the internet connection. It would be a shame for somebody to battle slick roads and dangerous ice over a joke.

There are several people whose information is always believable on this forum (you and windriver are two of them - chromejunky). Let me express my appreciation for you guys and the rest of you out there that don't stretch the inches and tell us when you are (and are not) telling us the whole story. After a while, we all know who is shooting bulls eyes and who is unreliable. The best guy ever on this forum was BrianID but you two are doing a pretty good job of trying to fill his shoes....

FR
[signature]
I totally agree with you fishingrocket. I am pretty new to this site and ice fishing and I get a lot of information from the users. I know what was said was a joke but I too was starting to change my plans to head to sportsmans. Thanks to everyone for all the help they have given me so far this year.

Jim[fishin]
[signature]
lol well thanks. i wasnt really mad but i was really getting ready to go to sportsmans park 170 perch day? i havnt had a day of perch like that for a really long time. where did brianID go?

i think i also owe every body on here a thank you. you guys make it worth it to get on here and make reports. bigfishtackle.com is one of the best things that has ever happened to my fishing career. WINDRIVER thank you for what you do on the Idaho board you run a good ship my friend. lol[Wink]
[signature]
I think Brian moved to Texas ? He still posts sometimes . Maybe he will jump in here and let us know what he is up too . When he first moved down there he was posting pictures of some giant large mouth bass he was catching down there . Curt G.
[signature]
well, to those to saw the humor im glad, and to those i didnt my apologizes, I would also like to say thanks for those who share reports, and trust me, i ever stumble across (thats what it would take) a good report you guys will be the first to know! on the other hand i have a buddy in Boise watching that pond and if we get a cold snap this winter, we may have make a convoy to bring home some perch!!
[signature]
dont get to down on your self. jokes are welcome but that one was right down the pipe and landed right on the kisser. lol! no it wasnt that bad it was funny. but you have to understand why we were not happy about it somebody says 170 perch day and im within an hour or two of where they say thay caught those fish i as well as most of the members on here are gonna start making plans to make it to where ever that is as fast as possible. but no damage done im not offended.
[signature]
it was a perfectly delivered practical joke that was in pretty good taste. Now if you let it run for a week or two before letting us know so you could see how many headed out there.... Well lets just say you would want to check your auger blades before the next outting then (j/k)[Wink]
[signature]
170 perch day?? we only kept the fish that were over 12 inches [Wink] it was more like a 500 perch day! and like i said before, if it happens to freeze this year i will be headed that way, and more than happy to take whomever would like to go along!
[signature]
let me know i might hit you up for some heavy perch action
[signature]