Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB 0036 Kill the Wolfs
A doomed bill from the start.
Cheif sponser :Senator Allen Christensen
[url "http://le.utah.gov/~2010/bills/sbillint/sb0036.htm"]http://le.utah.gov/~2010/bills/sbillint/sb0036.htm[/url]

On the news he was under the false impression he knows what hunters want. "Kill all the wolves so that there would be more deer and elk to hunt". Yea weak and unhealthy herds. This bill is a waist of the senates time and money. Thank goodness for the Endangerd species act or this senator would take us back to the 19th century. Pile up the hides!
[signature]
I actually think this is a great bill. The only good wolf is a dead wolf!!
[signature]
[quote Igottabigone]I actually think this is a great bill. The only good wolf is a dead wolf!![/quote]
+++1[Wink]
[signature]
Good one!

Maybe I'm wrong,are other hunters really that callous?

Some my most memorable hunting trips have been seeing big preditors,Mtn.Lion that charged me,bears, Badgers, Golden Eagle that stole one of my rabbits etc.
[signature]
The predators your name have no where near the carnage or impact as wolves do on the herds. I have seen the same predators you name and I loved it and hope to see more of them. As I said before, a good wolf is a dead wolf! Anyone who thinks wolves are beneficial for the elk and deer herds in Utah or anywhere for that matter is grossly mistaken.
Gotta agree with the others sir James. Kill them all. They used to have a place in the circle of life when there was ample winter range for the animals. Now that us "super" predators have taken most of the prime winter range real estate, the deer and elk have a tough enough time trying to maintain the numbers they have...and if you look at the deer herds, that isn't happening. Their numbers keep sliding down the hill. They sure don't need anything else wiping them out. Plus, the Canadian gray wolf is not, and never was native to this part of the world. They have no place here.
[signature]
I'm with killerbee, kill all of them. There is a reason they were killed off initially. The tree hugging crowd will get over it at some point.
[signature]
[quote Igottabigone]I actually think this is a great bill. The only good wolf is a dead wolf!![/quote]+++1[Wink]
[quote Igottabigone]
[signature]
I wholeheartedly agree with you. We need to respect the predators that once roamed this area. While I'm no anti hunting animal rights activist. Surely wolves had their place in the wild, and still do.

Utah and Idaho and elsewhere have what I call "Hunting Supremacist". Thinking that they are the "only ones" who should hunt Elk and Deer.

They are arrogant, knee jerking response folks that certainly don't realize that humans have invaded and destroyed Elk territory since day one. Take Colorado for example it once had—before the white man came—abundant Elk between Denver and Colorado City. The population of Elk in Colorado was like one million.... yes with wolves. Today the Elk herds are gone between those two cities....and forever.[shocked]

But what wiped the Elk herds out? Mr "modern man" white settlers did that....thank you very much. The wolf had them balanced with the ecosystem....perfectly too.

And by the way Elk were never a sustenance species to begin with. Perhaps with all the herds around the settlers thought they would never vanish. Surely the wolves did absolutely nothing to hurt the Elk herds. They even helped fish and beavers and other wildlife by keeping Elk from overpopulating.

Humans are the blame for lost Elk not wolves.

Glad someone here at BFT agrees with me about wolves. [cool]
[signature]
That was then. This is now.