Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua sunday
The drive all the way to Brigham was almost springlike. For the first time in a long time I actually felt the warmth of the sun on my face when I got into my car. Up the canyon a few minutes and wow, boy the snow was still glistening in the lane LOL. Mantua was apparently plastered with snow over the weekend even though nothing at all fell here at home. A week earlier it was pleasant. Today was very unpleasant. It was a good thing I had chains because the dike road was unplowed. Even so getting them things on and off is a pain in the rear. Walking on the ice is not recommend without hip boots or maybe waders. Did not realize what a horrendous slush monster had developed. I was up to my knee in slush and snow at certain points.....it was a minimum calf deep. A full lower body workout, no need to go on the elliptical at the gym haha. Only dink gills today, didn't want to walk much further. Hopefully it will drop to zero and freeze this slush up. Right now don't bother going at all. Simply not worth it. Ten inches of slush will take a long time to freeze. I'm betting this is deep enough to eat a small wheeler within seconds.