Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon trip
Wiperslayer, Wiperhunter2 and I just back from our white sturgeon adventure in Idaho. Memo to myself -- don't ever go fishing around central Idaho in July again -- because it is blazing hot. Great company, fun time and a new experience. Oh how was the sturgeon fishing --- here is a picture of the largest one that we caught.
[signature]
How do I view the picture?I must be dumb,could not find what to click on.
Mike
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You're killin' me... Maybe he didn't catch a thing! DOH![/size][/font]
[signature]
O,I get it! Just in his mind.I'm such a trusting soul[Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Trusting? In this crowd? Yea, Right! I guess you have to understand Kent's warped sense of humor.[/size][/font]
[signature]
If Kent would of caught one more sturgeon he would of caught one.
[signature]
I'm a trusting soul,want to play poker?[sly]
[signature]
BLM got it right, but it was a fun trip and great company. Here is a photo of one of the many smallmouth we caught. We also caught a couple of pikeminnow(squawfish) and catfish, a perch, and a bluegill. Thanks for a great trip Kent. WH2
[signature]
hey take heart not catching one just gives you a excuse to go back and try next year

chris
[signature]
Unfortunately, I did post a picture of the largest sturgeon we caught. "[font "Comic Sans MS"]I guess you have to understand Kent's warped sense of humor." Thanks for the compliment BLM. Timing must have been off (Surely it couldn't have been because we were lousy fishermen!). There were a couple guys there who fished overnight and also didn't catch[/font][size 1] a thing and they talked about catching 13 overnight on another trip.[/size]

[size 1] [/size]
[signature]
I like your way of thinking Aquaman, maybe even in the fall. With every day being over 100 degree and the last two being 107, I'll never go that time of the year again. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]OK, Kent, I'll concede you're not warped but you definitely aren't normal but that's alright you're still a pretty fun guy to fish with![Wink][/size][/font]
[signature]
Kent, how didya like CJ? I was up there last weekend fishing in a tournment. It only got to 106 degrees. Where didya stay? Very scenic. I'm going back in the fall.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]We never really saw CJ Striker Reservoir. We camped along the river and never went down the river as far as the reservoir (although we came close). Each of us had our own little hot tent. Don't ever enter a contest with Wiperhunter2 about whom can get to sleep first -- I am jealous of anyone who can get to sleep quickly. We lost track of the number of small mouth bass that we caught -- it was non-stop action much of the time we targeted them for brief times. "OK, Kent, I'll concede you're not warped but you definitely aren't normal..." Gee thanks BLM, I think I liked it better when I was just warped. I already thanked you for the first compliment when I was warped, and I won't let you take your compliment back.[/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][/font]
[signature]
We camped by a pond called Crain or something like that it is a small pond off the main lake or impoundment. I talked to a guy today that said it was managed as a trophy fishery probably for bass. WH2
[signature]
[Sad] Sorry to hear the outcome of the long awaited quest for Sturgeon. It did look like 106 degree on one of the days of your trip. Hope this will not deter you from finding the great white sturgeon.

Well this means I'm going to have to take action and get my sturgeon stuff ready for my return trip from Oregon in September. I usually come back on a Thursday or Firday and would be willing to meet you for a day of fishing on CJ on the 18th or 19th September.

I try and load a picture of one of the chinooks from last years trip to get your blood pumping in the right direction. Maybe you'll be ready for the next step in your fishing future...
[signature]
Hey Lundman, as BLM will attest, in addition to being warped I am also extremely persistent. I haven't given up on catching one of the great white sturgeons; however, I'm not too interested, at least for awhile, in another do-it-yourself trip either. Bottom line -- I may very well take you up on your gracious offer to allow me to tag along. I will PM you.
[signature]