Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downrigger & aluminum boat suggestions
So i want to mount 2 cannon downriggers in a 14' aluminum boat. How is your suggestion on doing it?

A guy at Cabelas showed me a 45 degree angled peice of steel that you can bolt to the bench and it goes through the rod holder in the downrigger in place of the rod holder. What other ways work?
[signature]
I think his advise was good. You need a lot of support. I have had 2 - Jon boats - 14' ers ...and you really want them to be mounted in that way. you should involve as much support as possiable, or you will have to keep moving and re bolting. I would do it youself if you can, the kits are nothing fancy. I have seen one twards the back of the boat more, but for convience in a boat thats only 14', I think the middle is best.

Just my $.02
[signature]
i saw a guy that made a platform out of wood and mounted it that way on the other side he had made a u shaped one that he held in place with a c-clamp and could remove it good luck [fishin]
[signature]
Yeah.... Forgot about making it removable.....thats really handy on a boat that will rip any mounted items off on docks....C-clamp is a good Idea
[signature]
i got 2 scotty downriggers that just clamp to the sibe of the boat.. they work good![crazy]
[signature]
Bass pro shop has down riggers that can be mounted to a boat. You will have to drill holes, place tape down first, so there is no fracturing. Currently there is U.S. Patent For bass boats to place, where down rigger holder can be placed in the back seat of the boat.

Hitler spyed on his own people because he was phychotic.
People who are worried of losing will eventually lose
[signature]
Mount the riggers on a 2x6 long enough to span the beam of your boat. Then clamp the 2x6 to the boat.
Or you could buy some clamp mounts from canon...but canon thinks those clamp mounts are
made outa gold.
[signature]