Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new Pineview ice conditions?
Hello BFT members. Hoping head out to Pineview this Friday, probably off cemetary point, to try my luck. Has anyone seen the recent ice conditions. I've read about the slush build up over the past weekend. Thanks for any update.
[signature]
The Slush monster is still out there!
[signature]
I really don't like him. He does not do anything good as far as I can see.....Slush monster!!!!!!!
[signature]
Slush monster plus the foot of snow on top of him made a 100 yard walk feel like a mile for me on Sunday at Pineview.
[signature]
Let us know how the conditions are when you get back. I would like to go on Saturday.
[signature]
I've been considering a Pineview trip myself this weekend. No ATV or snowmobile, just a couple of feet that usually serve me well.

How bad is the slush? I don't have waders. I'm assuming road and parking conditions are still okay? Are the fish biting?
[signature]
Quote:I've been considering a Pineview trip myself this weekend. No ATV or snowmobile, just a couple of feet that usually serve me well.

How bad is the slush? I don't have waders. I'm assuming road and parking conditions are still okay? Are the fish biting?

My feet didn't get wet last Sunday with my regular old Cabelas Pack Boots. it was just a bit difficult having to high step over the foot of snow. You'd be well served to use some snowshoes. Disclaimer: This was last weekend though.

Where I was on Browning point I could have slayed the teeny perch if I would have stayed in 30' of water. But I was out in the 45' to 50' water and the bite was much slower(and lighter). However, the return was greater as I caught a couple decent sized slabs of Crappie meat.
[signature]
Do you know if there is parking at the marina?
I would like to unload a snowmobile at the marina and was wondering how the parking was.
[signature]
Last weekend it was not plowed, but you could drive and park at the rangers station and all the way back to the road. It should be ok if you have a 4x4. I was in a car and did ok, but she was a spinning. There is lots of people parked on both sides of the road to the station and then some large 4x4's who went all the way in. Most people unloading stuff parked closer to the main road and rode their atv/ snowmobiels in from there.
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
When the guys come to plow the parking areas, they could at least plow the lake for us as well. Sheesh![laugh]
[signature]
O, so that is your syle of fishing.[Wink]
[signature]