Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jig Molds
I seached the internet to its end this weekend looking for some jig molds. All I found were the Do it Molds and the Hilts molds. I'm not finding what I am looking for. The mold I am looking for is a moon jig mold. Is there one out there or is this something I cant buy? It seems like the good molds are not avaliable to the backyard lure maker.
Any info is appreciated
KP
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have over 40 jig molds and have seen just about every kind of jig made. However, I am not familiar with a "moon" jig. Perhaps it is also known by another name. If you have a picture of one I can probably identify it better.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What sizes are you looking to make and for what kind of fishing?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Do-It molds ARE good molds...as good as you can find on the market. But there are some custom molds made by jig manufacturing companies that are proprietary and not available to the public. I suspect that is the case with the moon jig.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Check out www.barlowstackle.com They can send you a free catalog and they have probably 2 dozen different jig molds in it, including blank molds that you can make custom forms in. A friend of mine uses them fairly often w/ good results.
[signature]
I might have one and would sell it if it's what you want.
Show me a pic, or drawing of it.
[url "http://www.maniaccustomlures.com"]www.maniaccustomlures.com[/url]
[signature]