Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawings Point question?
Any of you guys know if there is going to be any over the counter tags sold this year? That would mean you have to either draw your first choice and not put in for any other choices....or not hunt at all to get more points.. If you had no option to buy an over the counter tag then your just screwed.

Is this the case with the elk too?

I am asking because I dont want to loose the point for next years drawing on a Northern tag if I can just go buy them at the store.

I cant put in for the draw until I know what is going on I might just have to call the division offices. Thanks for any info someone might cough up.
[signature]
I wouldn't wait for "counter tags" this year. Even the archery tags were sold within 2 hours last year. This year if you don't draw your first choice you will receive a preference point. Example: you put in for 1. Northern and 2. Southern. You don't draw the Northern but do draw Southern (likely story Smile ). You get to hunt the Southern and also get a preference point. Of course if you put in for Northern and don't draw you still get the preference point. I hope this makes sense.
General season elk is over the counter.
[signature]
Thanks for helping. So as I understand if I put in for

Sothern #1

Northeastern#2

central #3

Buck/bull#4

archery #5

If I draw an archery tag I still get a point as well? If that is the case I am all for the new system.

Thanks again[Wink]
[signature]
Fod:

Thats how I understand it. I am betting all tags, through the draw will be gone. However, many of them will be
taken through the 2nd, 3rd...choice options.

The draw process is one of my favorite times of year (more so with the out of state draws), but has some great
options....
[signature]
Yes, you got it. A note though. I'm not up to date on the buck/bull draw and don't know if it's in the deer draw or a different draw. I think it's in the deer table and you'll know when the selections show the available hunts.
Good luck with the draw to everyone.
[signature]