Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need your opinion
Hello Members,
We are working on a series of T.V. commercial spots to promote these fishing forums and that we will be running on Rocky Mountain T.V., WFN and Outdoor Channel. Can you please take a moment and click the link below to take .30 seconds and watch our latest spot. If you could take a moment after watching it and click the "Comment on this video" we would really appreciate any advice or suggestions you have on what you think we can do to improve or let us know if you like it the way it is?

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/videos/jump.cgi?Detailed=1206"]
[Image: 2613-thumbnail-1206.png]
[/url]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/videos/jump.cgi?Detailed=1206"]Click to view Video[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I don't care for it.
[signature]
I gave it a "2".

Comment:
Sea fishing and rock music appeals to non-anglers.
Every boring video I ever saw had rock music dubbed over to cover the deficiencies in viewer interest and "add action".
What's wrong with a quiet contemplative fishing scene where the fish takes and disturbs the silence? That's what most of us regard as exciting. This might entice the non anglers, but are they the target market? If so it does it's job. OTOH If the market is freshwater anglers well this spot probably appeals to the kids sub-market within the freshwater anglers as a whole, and leaves the rest untouched. That's because many anglers go fishing to get away from "action pumping music type society" among other things. Chris Yates's video series "A Passion for Angling" captures the spirit of angling better than andrenalin rocker stuff.
It'll work being a first, but would a different approach work better?
[signature]
Something like the suv pictures and clips of very nice river spots would be nicer IMHO.

Pon
[signature]
Sort of looks like ya just dubbed over some ones home video.

I agree with the lame music. This is more like a Monster Truck Ad.

We go fishing for the quiet and solitude. Get your audiences attention with nothing but someone catching a large LMB and capture the real sounds of fishing.

My 2 cents worth.
[signature]
Great stuff guys!! Thank you all for the feedback, I will let you know as we finish the last 3 spots and I we will be addressing many of these issues and hopefully hit way closer to the mark!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator