Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter Creek and Mill Meadow
When to Otter Creek and Mill Meadow Yesterday the 3rd. At Otter Creek we fished in only about 7 feet of water and fishing right on the bottom. We caught the 1st 3 fairly fast but the next few took some time. We caught them on jigs with meal worms or night crawler. They are some what slow right now but we still had fun. When we finished there we decided to head to Mill Meadow and try for some perch. We fished right by the boat ramp and caught our share of perch. No real size but it was a good day. Kastmaster tipped with a piece if perch worked the best. It was a good day to be out. No slush either place but the sides are getting some melting going on.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I am thinking about going up to Otter this weekend. Do you think I would be able to get my razor side by side atv out on the ice or is the edges to soft?
[signature]
You should be ok still. It was very cold down there. It looks like someone drove a full size vehicle on the ice recently, I wouldn't. Just make sure you have a good spot the you go on and just plan the same back out.
[signature]
Did the fish you caught on Otter have any size? Fished there several weeks back. Four were Otter footballs and quite a few Finless Freddies (future footballs).
[signature]
[indent]We caught all real nice fish and they were very tastey too. There was only one small fish caught by a guy fishing by us. It is nice to have good solid fish.
[/indent]
[signature]