Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue lake feb 6
Got to blue lake at about 8 Saturday morning. Fishing was pretty slow. We could see fish swimming all over the place but they were not interested in anything we threw at them! Did manage to catch a nice 16 inch large mouth and a couple blue gill! was hoping for some tilapia but didnt hook up with any. All in all a nice day on the lake Smile
[signature]
What were you using to temp the tilapia with?
[signature]
worms , jigs, flies, and spinners !
[signature]
Next time try frozen peas. most tilapia are vegetarian. Also try bread/dough balls.
[signature]
haha well never thought of that ! thanks for the info ! that will help alot next time we go!
[signature]
If that is true, then that is a great tip. Good info.
[signature]
I was out there a couple of weeks ago. I tried the frozen peas with no success. Mine were all caught on waxworms or crawlers. I was fishing the smaller lakes not Blue Lake though. Maybe if you let it sit on the bottom it would work better. I always used a slow retrieve...
[signature]
Waxworms make sense since I have hears that they eat the small beetles etc... that fall in. I have heard that they are as good at stealing bait as the perch are.
[signature]
ya we started out at blue lake but then we moved to the smaller pond. We could see all the tilapia swimming through one area so we put a worm there and walked away to see if maybe they would bite when we were gone but nothing ... they also have started to make there spawning beds which may cause them to be less interested in food haha
[signature]