Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where do you wanna go?
[url "http://www.nature.org/initiatives/fire/work/art19399.html#"][Image: wildcatcreekyork_small.jpg][/url]Time to start thinking about where to go when it warms up. I wanna go here this year!!!!!
[signature]
Nice place and great ideas.
[signature]
I am planning on hitting a bunch of these small creeks this year. I am going to go pick up the 4 wt fly rod I looked at last summer to go along with me.[Smile]
[signature]
DOTF has a killer deal on a 8'6" 3/4 Grey once in awhile. I got one and nice rod.
[signature]
I don't know if I will get it all done this year or not. I want to float my pontoon from South of Nampa on the Snake River, and get out at Steck Park on the snake River. That is a little over 100 river miles.
No I am not going to do it all in one shot. I am planning on several 6 to 15 mile trips. Like i said I don't think I will get it done this year. I know the first area I will cover is from Farewell bend to Steck. I might do that one a couple times. Then I am going to back up and go to Nampa and go to Homedale. Then I want to hit the area between Ontario and Weiser, and last. I am planning on going to the Boise river and floating to Nyssa.
It is a very aggressive summer planned. I am finding other things for the family to do in the areas I want to fish. If the kids want to fish they can OR they can go to the hot springs or what ever.
My goal for this year is to break the 10 pound mark on a catfish. I also have to get over to milner for a couple trips.
Ron
[signature]
actually have a couple of destinations and they really aren't out of the question and even the cost isn't an issue, but just got to get our house in order first.
The places are Manitoba which I have got the paper work for the PassPort, the other is Pyramid in Nevada. Standing on a ladder in the water just looks so cool.
[signature]
"Pyramid in Nevada. Standing on a ladder in the water just looks so cool."

[cool][#0000ff]Been there, done that. Tubing or tooning is better. Also, it is better fishing during the winter. The cutts go deep in the warmer months.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am planning a late April trip out through the back country of western Utah and down through the St. George area...finishing up with a couple of days on Powell. Should be putting the tubes into anywhere from 6 to 10 different lakes...most I have never fished before.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Winter months are about all you can do there anymore.
I plan on the pontoon too, but that place gets really ugly really quick, so the ladder is a back up.
Plus it is another Chironomid lake...right up my alley.
[signature]
Besides a lot of float tubing in the local area, I would really like to get some time to explore a few of the small streams and rivers of the Unitas, probably the north slope. I am also thinking about the Boulder Mt. area. Nice thoughts anyway!
[signature]
Hoping to do Lees Ferry after my work slowes down
in June.
Eastern Sierra for sure.

Peter
[signature]