Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the gear, but no sled to get out there.....
So here's my problem. A few years ago I really got into ice fishing and hit the Berry often. I started with the basics, a hand auger and a few jigs, then grew the collection. My dad injured himself so I bought a couple of old snowmobiles to help get out there. This was great for a couple of years, and my ice fishing collection grew.
I now have 2 shacks, many poles, a good Eskimo Shark 10" power auger, and a whole pack full of jigs. I got married and free time disappeared. The sleds sat and developed problems beyond my abilities to fix, so I ended up selling them off (weren't worth as much as the repair bill would have been to have someone else fix them).
Now here I sit with all this gear and I haven't been on the ice in over 2 years. I have no way to tow my gear out on the ice and away from the crowds, but I really want to get my wife out and show her how fun it can be.
What I would love to do is hook up with someone that has a couple of sleds, but is lacking on the gear. If they can tow us out there I can set everything up and use my gear, and we can all have an enjoyable day of it.

Thoughts?
[signature]
Addicted:

I remembered you helping me out a few years back with some boat advice; I appreciate it.

I don't fish Strawberry, but if you can make it to Evanston in a few weeks, you are welcome to join us at the Gorge
for some burbot and mac fishing.

Or you are welcome to fish with us at some of the "local"
lakes near my house.

No need to bring a lot of gear. Other than a pole and a license, just make the drive.
[signature]
Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it!

The Gorge is one place I would love to learn to fish both winter and summer. I've never tried it. I just need to figure out how to get the downriggers mounted on my boat so they don't interfere with the canopy and I'll be all set for the deep MAC fishing. I have heard the burbots are great, too.

When are you going? Who all is going?

Thanks again.
[signature]
You can drag all of your gear by hand on the gorge this year. i was up a week or so ago and there wasn't a lick of snow anywhere. We took 4 perfectly good snowmobiles up there and they never made it off the trailer. It's easy walking with 100 lbs of gear there, just remember to bring your ice cleats.
[signature]
definitely bring ice cleats i ate it hard during the burbot bash
[signature]