Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
random out of season question
Hey all!
I know this is a little out of season, but I'm trying to make some summer plans. I noticed that there are a lot of little lakes in the Wasatch Mountains above Salt Lake. I noticed especially a bunhc near Brighton. But, i can't find much information on them. Does anyone know what lakes have fish in them? Thanks!
[signature]
Loah is the small lake maniac, might want to send him a PM
[signature]
I have hiked up to Lake marys wich is just above brighton which is about a1.5 mile hike and it i know has brook trout and if youkeep on the same trail you will come to lake martha wich is too shallow so there is no fish in it and thoen you come to lake catherine wich i have done pretty good at since its like a three mile hike not too many people go in that far so the fishing is mutch better. To the west of marys is twin lake you take a differant trail to it. You basically fallow the milecent ski lift to it. I believe there is some lake trout and brook trout in it. I have fished twin but have never done any good. Silver lake is the one right off the road at brighton they plant it quite regularly but it gets a ton of pressure. In my opinion catherine is the best bet but you have to wait till july to get up that high and even then you have some snow drifts. sorry for being so long winded but hopfully it will help.
[signature]
Thank you so much! Just the info I was looking for!
[signature]
I'd love to take a 4-5 day backpack trip and hit something like that up!! Are there any maps that show trails and whatnot for areas like that? I've also heard/seen of some lakes in the uintas too...not sure if those are the ones you spoke of.
[signature]