Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge?
Can i get any advise from anyone out there that has fished the gorge? I have never been there and i am going this weekend. Not sure where to go what to use what dept of the water is best or anything at all for that matter. Although i am still going to give her hell. I am heading to the buckboards if that is even spelled right but that is all i know for this trip so far. Any advise would be very much appreciated thanks a bunch guys.
[signature]
There is ample information in the BFT archives. Do a simple search for Flaming Gorge and you will find everything you need.

Do you know what fish you are targeting?

Access is easy to most of the lake.

You will need a Wyoming recip. tag if you are fishing Buckboard (assuming you are from Utah).
[signature]
Make sure your hook is tied to your fishing line and you put bait on the hook, then drop it in the water and wait for a nibble[:p]
[signature]
One thing you need to keep in mind, this weekend there is a tournament going on at Buckboard, so there is likely to be a bunch of folks up there fishing all over the lake.
I know a lot of folks don't get on BFT every day but there has been a ton of info posted in the last few months on fishing at the Gorge for burbot and lake trout so the search function is a great tool. Do you have a map of the Gorge? WH2
[signature]
I was just getting ready to tell you to PM me your telephone number because I would be fishing up there tomorrow (I haven't had any luck finding the larger macks, but have done well catching the pups); however, before I started typing my cell phone started vibrating and Kory called to call off the fishing trip. He crashed while skiing and "busted his shoulder". Guess I will be preparing income tax returns tomorrow instead of fishing.[frown]
[signature]