Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat wiring
Hello, was wondering if there was a book that shows u how to rewire a boat from scratch. Need to wire the motor to the console and it has 2 rocker switches plus a fish finder. Rocker switches have on/off/on positions for front light, anchor light. Other is live well and bilge pump.
I put all new flooring in it and carpet. Boat is a tracker super guide V-14, motor is a 25 hp mercury. Cant get the live well, and aerator pump to work. Motor can pull start in neutral but when i turn the key it wont start. U can here the choke push in if u push the key to choke position. I cant figure out where some of the wires go kill switch etc etc. The Fuse that is located in the motor has red wires going to it, blows also when i try to start it if that helps any. It doesn't have original wires in it and i don't know really where to start hunting them down. Figured it might be easier to start over if there is a book i could get to show me how to wire a boat from scratch. I am new at working on a boat but i can figure stuff out if i can read it or shown how. Any help would be great. Thank u in advanceSmile
( live in st george, hurricane area in utah if anyone knows anything about wiring and is willing to help)
[signature]
Make a call to the county library. I'm betting that if they don't have the book you need, they can get it for you off line.
[signature]
Hi,

My friend Kevin Hannula is a great source of free information on boat wiring.

Kev is an electrical engineer who has worked with major boat builders throughout the midwest and generously answers questions about marine electrical issues at:

http://easyacdc.com

I hope that this is helpful.

Have fun with your project!

Nick
[signature]
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up just replacing all the wires and its up and running just in time for sum bass fishingSmile
[signature]