Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Camping Trip :-)
Ahhhhhhh, what a great family trip!!! Kids had a lot of fun running around the camp ground on their power wheels. As for fishing, forget the north marina. Back the truck down the ramp and into the muddy bottom as far as I dared and the boat wasnt even touching the water!!! The south is launchable, but getting out of the marina is a different story! Their is a mud bank between the marina and the channel. My tri-hulll got stuck pretty good on it. You maight have to "finesse" your boat through. The island is out of water and a lot of it!! We only spent Tuesday morning on the water and saw 1 other boat and 1 jetski out and about. Water Temp is a warm 81 degrees. We caught 2 wipers while we were out on blue producers on planers trolled about 3.1. If you take your boat out, be prepared to give it a good flushin when you get home to get all the sand out!!!
[signature]
What technique did you use to fight the bugs?
[signature]
I hate to hear that, I was hoping that there was enough water to get my tri hull out on WIllard one more time this year, but I guess will have to wait!!! I guess willard is getting close to be all reserved to Old Coot and his little boat!!![cool] In the fall, do they usually let more water into Willard, or is it pretty much designated to float tubers and duck boats for the rest of the year????
[signature]
Shrimpboy, Just the occasional shot of deep woods off is all I used.

Polokid, I was talking to the camp host and he said he has never seen it this low. He was amazed!! The last few years I have fished I have never had problems getting in and out of the marina's even in the ending summer months. If we dont get a good snow pounding this year it could be disasterous for Willard. I dont really see them to start refilling until next spring, not unless we get an abundence of precipatation
[signature]