Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to learn about weather, moon cycles, etc...
Going over my short dozen trips this year, I THINK I can see a pattern of my fishing in bad weather this year. Vis..

PV perch: Cold and windy on the ice, caught dinks.

FG trip. FREEZING, ice very thick for time of year where we were trying. No Burbot, one trout.

LC and RP, clear but bitter cold. The party got a couple, but few bites.

PV. Cold and blowing snow. A few good hits and two good perch right at sunset, but my daughter said, time to go.

PV two days later. 12 perch over 9". Clear, nippy cold at night, sunny during day, not too cold.

Berry: Cold and never warmed up that day. Foggy as well. Couple slotters for the party.

PV, Day after the BIG snow of the year, been snowing for two days. Shoveling slush, only a couple small taps at any depth.

FG, the bash. Almost couldn't stand up in the wind. Cold as heck. Marked fish on finder, no bites from 3 pm to midnight.

Pelican. No bites. Cold, foggy, high pressure. It was very cold, oppressively quiet, and the air felt heavy. Other animals and birds not moving much.

So, what's a good resource to read up on what weather, temp, pressure, moons etc do to fish? Any trusted books?
[signature]
Here is a pretty good link that I use. Hope it helps you.

http://www.eprofishing.com/epf/page.asp?state=ut
[signature]