Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard tube adventure
well four of us made it to float willard today some of us fished and some of us caught myself and petty4life did the fishing hustler and ram4x did the catching they caught a wiper each on white grubs i did get three bites on a white spinner bait i'll post some pics when developed even had a visit from BLM and company think he said he had five at the time i'm still wiperless this year going back in about 3 week anyone want to go

chris
[signature]
Hey Chris,

Tell the story right [Tongue]. I got 2 on the white grubs another that fell off a foot from the tube and that big one that straightend my hook. Can't forget that one now! How I wish I could of at least got a look at him! Oh yeah, the smallie that followed my rattle trap to the surface.

I spoke to the two guys that where floating next to us they were catching crappie on small rappalas.

Al
[signature]
i did mean to tell about the ones that got away especilly the one that straithtend your hook they got lost some where in the translation
chris
[signature]
Well im a little jealous I didnt get to go![Sad][mad] Never heard of a pettyfish before![sly] I'd love to try and make it out next time!

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I am bummed I could not get out with you guys. Like I said, I would probably have to work and guess what? I am still working. Sounds like a lot of fun was had. Great to hear your and BLM's report hopefully I can get out in a few weeks with you all.
[signature]
hey aqua if you want to catch a wiper in a tube just let me know ill take you out.
[signature]
hi xman i'll just have to take you up on that offer but i wont be heading back up that way for about 3 weeks just to much work ( evil ) and other commitments i'll le in a couple of weeks and see if we can work something out

chris
[signature]

Although I was mainly test-driving a new float tube I’m interested in, I did manage to catch one wiper. That's 1 wiper a trip for the last three trips out. Not exactly what I'd call record breaking, but hey, THAT'S FISHING! The fish I did catch had some sort of affinity with the bottom of Willard, because every time he got close to the surface he’d make a beeline straight to the bottom. I had a hell of a time fishing with these guys. We’ll have to do it again, for sure!

Justin
[signature]
Hi aquaman, hustler, petty and ram,

Sorry I missed you guys. I was planning on dropping by but my fishing partner called up and wanted to leave at 5:30 am to go bass fishing at Mantua. Just posted about it. By the time I got back and had my cool one I was washed up.

Question - how are the bugs? I was out there about 3 weeks ago and they were't nearly as bad as I expected!!! I can remember a few years ago I couldn't eve breath with them flying in the nose, etc. Am thinking of trying tomorrow night but am a little worried about crowds and holidays. Do you guys think that boat launch conditions will keep most off the water and out of the camping areas??

[crazy]Leaky
the bugs were not bad at all i did also manage three skeeter bites and at one point i did drift into a swarm of nats that got into my ears and nose but that lasted less then a minute hhhmmm boat traffic i would guess some people would show up probley less then you would expect i saw four boat and one see doo yesterday

chris
[signature]
Has anyone caught a Walleye from a tube out there?
[signature]
Earlier in the year I caught a few small walleye out of my tube. I was fishing from the west dike using chartreuse mister twisters & 1/4" glow in the dark lead-head, and a piece of worm.
[signature]
mabye you answered this, or mabye not. where exactly on the lake were you?
[signature]
guess i never put that in did i fished the N. dike about 300 yards past the light pole only got one bite when hustler got there we moved to the west dike about 150 yards S. of the light pole thats were the two were caught loked like BLM was about 3/4 of a mile more S. of us catching his fish

chris
[signature]
sounds good. just let me know i live close and its not much of a trouble for me to get there.
[signature]
i'll be in touch its hard for me to get away now with work and my wifes conflicting schedule but i'll work something out

chris
[signature]