Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy from AZ
Time for me to quit lurking and identify myself.

A native Arizonan that has been fly tying and fishing for over 40 years. I enjoy all types of fly fishing; however, hunting big trout on stillwaters/lakes is my favorite purusit. I've had the good fortune to fish many of the great rivers and lakes in the western US over the years. I'm very partial to Idaho and the diversity of fishing options. I've met some great folks in my travels and learned a ton of great techniques that improved all aspects of my fly fishing/tying (i.e. Flygoddess).

If your not familiar with AZ, it has some great fly fishing for everything from Carp to Trout - with Bass, Catfish, Stripers, and Walleye in between. We've been blessed with an over abundance of snow in the AZ high country this year and it looks like the lakes and streams will be better than average.

Besides fly fishing and tying, I also enjoy photography, bird hunting, and competitive benchrest shooting.

I look forward to participating on the Fly Fishing and Float Tube forums of Big Fish Tackle.
[signature]
welcome again Salmo22.. I look forward to your comments and insight on this forum... and Id especially love to see some of the tying that you do..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Welcome!
I look forward to hearing more about fly fishing in AZ. We have a daughter and her family in Phoenix.
I haven't tried any of the fishing down there yet, but hopefully I will be.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Welcome to the Fly Fishing forum. Glad that you will be joining in on our discussions.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Let me add, I met Jeff several years ago. I have been there for the birth of his Bladderless Skykomish...LOL
He also has some beautiful had crafted custom fly rods.

I might be able to dig through Mojo's picture and find that absolutely fantastic fly you tied for Dennis Brakke.

Salmo22 knows his stuff...you will be a great asset to this site...Thanks for coming.
[signature]
so not only does he tie great flies he designs pontoon boats and builds custom rods... when does he find time to go fishing.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]