Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lines
Forever I've always been reading different numbers and different types of line for bass fishing. No matter what I always hear different suggestions and never are really in the same ballpark. I thought i'd try seeing what everyone here thinks. I personally would think a 8-10 lb. fluorocarbon line would be pretty well suited for all around bass fishing. Unless maybe your fishing tougher waters with stumps, wood, objects, etc. then I might switch to 12-14. Any opinions????
[signature]
That's exactly what I would use.
[signature]
That's what I use, 8lb on spinning reels and 10-14 on baitcasting reels.
[signature]
8lb - Floro/Mono for drop shot, shakey head, finesse
10lb - Floro/mono for crankbaits
14-17lb - Floro/mono for topwater, spinnerbaits, plastics, jigs.
50-65lb - Braid for frogs, carolina rigs, and fippin' grass.

Probably too much info. Really depends on the cover and lake types you fish. I fish a lot of deep, western, canyon reservoirs and lighter lines do better at times but will still depend on the cover. Pulling 4" finesse worms through a tree in clear water is the same as semi clear water. 8lb test and heavy cover do not mix. I still have the mentality that I will use the heaviest line I can get away with. Why use 8lb when the fish will still bite if I use 12lb.

HockeyMan
[signature]
12 lb for baitcasters, 8 lb for spinning gear.
[signature]
i use all fireline and power pro. Some people dont like that line. There is no stretch on eather one. fireline shrays moe than power pro bot in thw water is the same to me. If you retie nots regularly shraing is not much of an issue. They cast much smoother and farther than mono, and has the durability in the water when you hit some sticks is hands down the best in my opion.
[signature]
6# Seaguar Invis-X fluoro - tiny skirted and bare jigs, drop shot

8# Seaguar Invis-X fluoro - shaky head, tubes, spider grubs, small spinnerbaits

8# Berkley Trilene XL mono - crankbaits, jerkbaits, topwater

20# Power Pro braid (sometimes with 8# fluoro leader) - spinnerbaits, full-sized jigs, rattle traps, texas-rigs, senkos, dock skipping, carolina-rigs, swimbaits, flick-shake worms

40# Power Pro braid - flipping, heavy carolina rigs, frogs
[signature]