Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth/Ice Auger
I'm looking for a combination gas operated post hole digger and ice auger. I've done a couple internet searches and found very little. A company named Echo has one with inter-changeable bits. Anyone ever use one of these or does Eskimo, Strikemaster, etc. have earth auger attachments? I know Harbor Freight has the earth augers, but not sure about ice bits or the quality of the machine. I'm looking for a way to write off a power auger on my taxes.[Wink]
[signature]
http://www.ardisam.com/

Ardisam is the parent company of Eskimo. They also make "Earthquake" augers. Don't know if they are interchangeable anymore or not. Seems like they used to.
[signature]
I've used a lot of Echo power tools (Blowers, line trimmers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws). Quality company. They make great stuff. As far as that particular auger, I have never used but thought I'd chime in on the company.
[signature]
The company I work for is a full line Echo dealer. I've never sold one of these units, but I can call my rep and get the low down on this machine and work you up a smokin' price if you are interrested. PM me a name and number and I can go to work on it.
[signature]
I just looked up pricing on the Echo and all I can say is you had better be able to write it off!
[signature]
I have wondered if I could convert a post hole digger attachment on a Polaris ATV. By putting my Ice auger on it instead of the earth auger.
[signature]