Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping at Starvation
Hello-
I posted the other day asking about camping oppurtunities here in Utah, and got great response. Thanks guys.

We've decided on Starvation Res. Thing is, there are 4 different campsites available, and I want to get in the best one. They are: Mtn. View, Rabbit Gulch, Indian Bay & Knight Hollow.

Does anyone have a favorite out of those? Which has best access to beach and fishing? Best covered shelters at site, and best restrooms?

Thanks again guys, we appreciate the help!!!!

Senkonate
[signature]
Hey Nate, Indian Bay and Rabbit Gulch are primative areas. Indian Bay, I took the scout up there a couple years ago for a week. We had a blast. I don't know the name for the ones by the marina, but they are $14 a day. The primatives are $8 a day. Leave your senkos at home and bring small grubs that will hold on to its tails(no yamamotos, they'll bite the tails off). good luck
[signature]
Thanks for the reply!

Tomegun- you said no grubs with bigger tails. How come? Are the smallmouths there on the smaller side, and they just tear the tails off bigger stuff? Or is it something else.

We're going over Labor day weekend, when there will be a TON of pressure. I'm hoping the smallies will be shallow, so I can just throw out worms under a float for the kids (and the BIG kids, too [Smile] I'll have my float tube and a jet ski, so I'll be able to get anywhere on the lake in the mornings by myself.

Thanks again, Nate
Nate
[signature]
Since you are taking the kids and looking for beach access, I would stay at the campground at the State Park and boat launch by the dam. There are nice restrooms, a fish cleaning station, picnic tables, a nice clean beach, some grass and wind breaks, and town is just 4 miles away on a paved road. Knight Hollow has restrooms and picnic tables, but the beach area is more rock than sand, and it is difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area. It's down a dirt road, across the dam, skip the first left on the hill after the dam, skip the second left at the top of the hill that goes to Juniper point. Past the water shed and around the little hill, take the third left and follow it to a cattle guard. Turn left again and follow for about a mile where you will see the sign for Knight Hollow to your left. The road peels left and down in case the sign is removed. Hope it helps.
[signature]