Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walleye
I have never caught one of this fish so i want to. I moved to the Twin area so i have salmon falls creek res really close so what are ya'll doing to catch one of these fish from the bank? Also what do you use when fishing from a boat/float tube? And if you are willing to impart of any other great wisdom it would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
we mainly catch them from a boat when trolling for trout but have had great luck in doing so with perch rapalas and red and white daredevils. have also caught them on minnows fished texas rigged. This was at oakley but I'm sure some of the tactics would work there. Just use a supper slow presentation.
[signature]
Without a boat it is harder. When I fished it I would look for areas were the bottom of the lake was changing from rock to a more smooth bottom like sand. Areas like this is where walleye wait in the rocks to catch food. I used jigs with a a worn on the hook Good luck
[signature]
I have had some good luck in my float tube. I use rebel crawdads. The tiny crawdad for my ultra light and a regular one for my bigger pole. A repala perch works well on them too. Get them with long bills on them so they dive quick. If you don't bump bottom on the retrieve add a small split shot to get it down. I don't fish for them until late June and early july. Ron
[signature]
Bottom bouncer and crawler and SLOWWWWWWWWWWW IS THE KEY [sly]
[signature]