Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U-150?
I haven't been fishing in a while had 4 family reunions so far this summer[Sad] but I finaly am getting to go to the uintas tomarrow and was wondering if anybodys fished the murdock basin area or washington lake,trial lake,butterfly lake,or anything pretty close to the road. (I don't have a lot of time to hike) Any info on where to go and what to use would be great Thanks!
[signature]
Junksiege has been frequenting the area, here is one of his current posts

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=56667;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=56667;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
I was up ther with my daughter on Monday. Fished the Provo above the turnoff to the Soapstone cabins caught 6 bows all small 6-9" on worms, went up to Washington Lake but the camp area was packed so we bypassed it, then headed over to the Sulfur camp ground and fished the stream behind it. Caught 2 nice brookies both on a panther martin 1/16 oz silver & white both over 12" which was a suprise had to keep both because they inhaled the PM. After the quit hitting on worms or anything else we threw at them we waited to see what they wanted. They started hitting the top water on very tiny gnats and mayflies (I think) maybe it was PMD, but we or should I say I coundn't get them to hit on anything. My daughter had a griffins gnat she had tied and I think she was getting hits on it but was too slow to pull anything up. This was her very first time to throw the flyrod any place other than in the backyard. We fished from 10 AM until 6 PM caught a total of 12 -16 fish I lost count before the bugs started attacking us towards sundown. The the horseflies at Sulfur were bad as were the gnats but after a shot of deep wood off they left us alone for the most part.

Good luck! IF you try Washington Lake let me know if you catch any Greyling. That's what I really want to catch sometime this summer or fall.
[signature]