Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Son of Tubenstein returns...more PVC, more mods, more pimpin'!!!!
Well it is that time of year again when I pull out the tubes and toons and start the mods. Well to start I got a used power float repaired and attached to mamatrouts FC4. Also she wanted a sail (bimini) so attached one of those. I also attached my old Fishing buddy FF for her to play with, she gave me that look like where is my new one???? Now all she needs is the Minn Kota 30 and a battery to go with it.

The toon needed a repair due to murphy following me out on Jordanelle reservoir last november. So I had it patched and put aquaseal on the patch and inside over the tear. I have also added a Humminbird 565 with the help of TD. Attached it to the frame with a Saddle clamp and left it unglued for full movement. Attached half a PVC "T" to one of the oar locks with pipe clamps. Not into drilling frame due to not much frame to work with. The oar locks are steel so I don't want to break the powder coating seal so that rust forms. The Transducer arm is not glued down so that it will move freely and will be removable for winter time ice fishing. I also found a small basket to place on the rear rack for when I am on waters that do not allow motors I can take my small 12v battery with me. Next on the plan is to line the pockets with the old voting signs that I picked up last november and to add a small plastic box to the front of the pockets for bait.
[signature]
Very nice!!!!! You are set!
[signature]
wow
Thats looking good.
Now, get out there get some big ones ![Smile]

peter
[signature]
Just about ready to head out. Just finishing up a couple of things and then I will be out there.[Smile]
[signature]
Very Nice. I was wondering where you found the black clamps that you use? The ones that shows PVC threaded fittings attached.

Thanks,
Cliff
[signature]
Those are Saddle clamps. I found them at Lowes with all the PVC and sprinkler stuff.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Saddle clamps? Sounds like something a rookie cowboy might use to help keep himself in the Saddle. Ouch.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have been looking at Mama's ride and wondering....how is she going t control the motor?
I realize, you set speed and steer with feet, but you still need to be able to reach the motor for of and on not to mention different speeds.

I really want to hear how this Bimini works as I am sorry but, with Utah lake breezes at any time, I see that thing being trouble.
[signature]
l told her it would be a nice sail but she insisted. I am going to put an extension on the motor and go from there.
Sounds like it is time to kill some more PVC to make a hinged handle.[Smile]
[signature]