Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed fishing with panfish and crappie lures
hi all im new here but just wondering when fishing with crappie, panfish or brim lures should I retrive like fishing for bass or let them stay still any help will be greatly appreciated also im new to Fishing with Lures ive been using live bait since i was a kid thanks alot in advance

Darryl
[signature]
also i need to know what lures work best for bream and bluegill
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and I hope you can get some good info.
I use tube jigs for crappie mostly and small flies and worm for gills.

Thanks for checking us out.
[signature]
I use jigs and flies as well. As far as your retrieve it's going to depend on where the fish are. Try a slow jigging retrieve until you find their depth. I'm in PA and the ice just left the lake here. I went out the day after and crushed them. All on flies clouser the first day and a pure white popper the day after. Got 13" crappie on top water.
Any one else try using topwater this early?
[signature]
The ice has been off the lake I fish for about 4-5 days now. Here are few few pics of the crappie and what I got them on.It's never too early for topwater.[Image: phone2.jpg][Image: phone1.jpg][Image: phone3.jpg]
[signature]
oh thank you all so much for the help but i must say biggest thanks goes to TRfishin if you like catching crappie bream and any other type of panfish please get some of TRfishin's homemade lures they are Crappie/Bream Killers and very very very easy to fish either jig them slowley or slowly reel them back to yourself but they work and work well so fish on everybody and thanks for all your help
[signature]
[cool] Hey D_rock thanks alot for trying my plastics out and Im glad you are having some great luck on them. Keep the line wet and FISH ON
[signature]