Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water level on the rise at Willard?
Does anyone think the rain we received last night will help Willard any? Even if all it does is raise the water level an inch it is better than what has happened in over a month. Wiperslayer and I will be going out tomorrow afternoon to check it out, will anyone else be out there? WH2
[signature]
It may have raised it a little, but I bet its already back down. The current is running pretty hard toward the bridge they are letting out so much water!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WH2, you sure are a wishful guy aren't you! I doubt there was much of an impact. The ground is so dry most of the rain got soaked up I'd imagine.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I was out on Willard last night when that storm hit. We watched the clouds and lightning to the south and boogied off the water when it started moving north. We were in the marina when it hit and the wind was strong. I'm glad we came in when we did. I was lucky there were a couple guys there to help me get my boat on the trailer because the wind was so bad.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We launched at north marina. You better be willing to back up into the water a long way to get the boat off the trailer. I wouldn't try it unless you have 4X4. If I go out again, I'll go to north marina and dunk my truck before I go back to south marina and drag the boat through the mud. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We caught a few fish. Nothing like the other day. We fished the west side again. There were a lot of people fishing from shore and wading out all along the west dikes.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I have the 4 wheel drive, but what is the depth of the water like in the marina and on out the channel to the lake?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You may get water in the back of your Suburban. I had the bumper of my truck pretty much submerged. The depth of the water is enough to float my boat but ify dropping a motor other than a cheap electric. The bottom of the channel is not muddy but hard and would eat a prop if you hit it. it's a little over knee deep most of the way. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](EDIT)Another thing to check on your rig is the vent hose on your rear differential and make sure it's on and above any waterline you expect so you don't get water in the differential.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I walked my boat from the ramp to the buoys in the channel where it is 3.5 - 4.0 deep. I wouldn'y try it if I were you, Kent. If you fall down and have a heart attack you may have a hard time finding anyone that would dare give you mouth to mouth! I can see it now as an old couple is strolling down the bank and comes across you. "Hey, Martha! Is that one of those bugle mouthed trout I've heard about on BFT?".[Tongue][shocked][cool] [/size][/font]
[signature]
BBBBBBWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too Funny[laugh]

Edit

And I must say Kent. With the luck you have had with that Burb, I would be reluctant to try it!
[signature]
Wow BLM, being accused of being old, unhealthy and ugly in the same post. Then to top it all off, Teroy criticizes my vehicle. I think I will go back to UFF where I am always treated with love and respect!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]See bottom of my signature. I'm not liable...[shocked][/size][/font]
[signature]
I did not hear how much it rained but I thought if it rained one inch then the water level would go up a little even without any runoff. Willard bay has a surface area of almost 10,000 acres, so with that much area it is possible that it went up but you are most likely right. Thanks for the info on the north marina, we should have no problem launching wiperslayer's boat in the north marina. Did you do any fishing along the north dike? Wh2
[signature]
Does anyone know how long it will take to fill Willard back up once they shut off irrigation water. Most years the irrigation demands start dropping the first of September, and I am really hungry for walleye.
[signature]
It depends on how much water we get but it is very unlikly that it will fill up before next spring and even then we will need a lot of snow this winter. WH2
[signature]
I get a kick out you guys talking about water levels. Most of the lakes down south haven't got above the conservation pool. I can't remember the last time I seen a reservoir full.
[signature]
Southern Utah seems to have had problems with water for as long as I can remember but this is the first time Willard has been as low as it is now. Most of us are just not sure why they are doing this now and why they are not using the money we pay for entry fees in a usefull maner. This would help the people that are paying the fees be able to use the lake. It is great that they spent all the money they did last year and earlier this year to make the lake better but what good does it do, if you can't even get on the lake. Just my 2 cents worth. WH2
[signature]
I asked the a person who worked there that same thing and the answer I got was, "Irrigation first, Recreation Second".
[signature]