Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report !!!!
I sleep in today or should I say yesterday . Didn't take off for Jordanelle till about 9:00 am from SLC . I just hate it when I fall asleep . Started out at Hailstone and fished by the marina . Nailed 4 small perch and 1 chunky 12" smallie . Decided too many boats so I ventured to Rock cliff area . Not to crowded there either . Started out throwing from shore and had small perch hitting every throw . Most on the small size , 6" and smaller . Tried throwing some bass gear at the trees , now the trees have about $20 of my tackle . Some ones got to feed those trees . LOL Finally got the tube out and headed out to find some bigger perch and maybe a bass or 2 . Wind was kind of a problem , but fought the white caps anyways . Started catching some more perch but still small keep moving and started fishing some flooded brush . Got to love that flooded brush pulled about 30 fish out of there . Made one pass and all the sudden I see this huge shadow coming for my jig . Bam !!!!!!! , smallie on !!!! Wouldn't you know it my camera was giving me fits and I didn't get a good pic of this 19" toad . Caught lots of perch today , maybe 100 or so but nailed a 19" , 16" , 15" , 2- 14", 12", and 2- 8 " smallies . Man what a blast . Caught them on a jig that I owe Tube Dude for introducing it to me . One of his bait bugs in my version . All bass and most perch were caught on it . I think I found my honey hole for next weekend !!!!!!! I did catch a 12 " perch with about 10 perch in the 10" range and many more 8" ers . I ended up bringing home 19 perch . Was showing someone the size of perch I was catching and one got away . LOL Man I wish I had a bass boat . I ready to tear them up , guess I will do it in a tube . Got pics but will wait till tomorrow to get devolped . Got to wait for the cutie at the camera bar to be there . LOL Had a very close encounter with a bull moose on the water today at Jordanelle . What a treat to see one swim right by you . Wow this only took me 3 beers to write .I must be getting faster at typing . LOL tight lines
[signature]
Great to hear you did good! I've tried The nelle at rockcliff but couldn't find any submerged brush. Probably looking in the wrong place. Is this stuff along the shoreline on the same side as the sticks or do you paddle across to the other side and fish that shoreline? I have seen tubers floating out in the middle and catching fish I guess it all depends on where the fish are.

Al
[signature]
Flooded brush is everywhere there . Even close to shore . I hooked into something nice on a senko casting from where I parked my truck but it threw the hook . Some people call this form of flooded brush just snags . LOL I went thru alot of gear , but well worth it . I am hoping with more people out on the water saturday maybe some one could get a pic of me kissing one of these bad boys . LOL No tubers close when I hooked the smallies so it was hurry back in the water . Water temp at the marina area was 82 , didn't use fish finder in rock cliff but felt very warm .
[signature]
[size 2]BullWinkle swimming [/size]

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage055463.jpg]

My bass boat rated 1/2 horse on a good day

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0563304.jpg]

And some of my bass !!!!

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0539062.jpg]

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0543616.jpg]

Let me know if you have problems seeing pics because I'm trying a new service .
I fixed it now !!
[signature]
I can't see em'. just little boxes whith an x in them. clicked on em' and nothing.[unsure]

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I can see them just fine, and BTW good looking pictures.
[signature]
[url "http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=hellsangler69&password=27775221"]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=hellsangler69&password=27775221[/url]

try this . I think it will be a copy/paste thing in the browser .
[signature]
Oh yeah forgot to list what they were hitting . White seem to be the hot color . Chartreuse worked fine after they tore up all my white curly tails . A big plus to get the bigger fish was to add perch meat to the jig . Caught bigger fish more often doing this . I was using a roadrunner jig with curly tail grub on it .Had a drop shot hook 1' above it with just a grub hooked on it and had many douldes on with it . Hope everyone catches a bunch . Even got them on the trout magnet jigs . I aways try lots of different stuff when I go fishing . Lots of tying for sure . Some people were just using worms below a bobber and it worked great . Spinners like panther martins produced fish too !! Caught fish in water less than 1 foot and as deep as 26 ' .

[Image: 23764202lg.jpg]
[signature]
I can't see the jig picture but it looks like you need a new net. Pictures are nice but would like to see more of those fish. Like the rest of the body.
[signature]
Now I can see the pan full of perch, but all of the other pictures are just a red X. Strange how I can see them once and now they are gone?
[signature]
Well I can see this is not going to work . Oh well back to BFT web site for me . If I can get comcast figured out , I may try it next . So much for Hp photo site . I can't even see the first pics posted now . LOL and yes I could use a new net . I really don't need a net unless they are big fish . LOL
[signature]
Now I can see the perch . I never could see the hp stuff. Those perch are making my mouth water though. I cant wait till next week![sly]
[signature]
I just came back from rockclif couldn't catch a thing! besides a few small perch. I was using a 3" white curlytail and they were hitting it ever cast. Where are the smallies? I caught all the perch on a 1" brown tube but I couldn't find the smallies [unsure] I was fishing mostly out in the middle, kind of looks like a fallen tree. The branches are out of the water and the trunk is under and it's at least 20' long (I was using the trunk as an anchor by hooking my fins around it). I used Senko's for a while but the perch kept tearing at them. They didn't catch any fish but look like pin cushions [Tongue] It was a good float though, my legs are getting stronger ever time.

Al
[signature]
Sorry to hear you didnt catch any bass![Sad] Where at rock cliff were you fishing and what time?
[signature]
Great pictures! I can't wait until this weekend so I can learn more about fishing for perch!
[signature]
What day will you be up? both days or just one?
[signature]
Hustler , I told them to watch out for you . And sent them running for deep cover . Sounds like you were close to my hole . That moose came thru there and took a rest there . I think that trunk maybe a old foundation . Not real sure . Never fished much there before and when I did it was full . Did I mention the flavor of smelly jelly I used ? Just teasing you . I fished small curly tails grubs , 2" and 1" some with jig head and others with out . I did go there to teach them fish a lesson or two . Maybe it worked . LOL

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0413366.jpg]

Same thing I been using at Pineview . Just try some white too !!
[signature]
I'll be up for both days. Friday afternoon (early afternoon) and most of the day Saturday.
[signature]