Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying goodbye to the ice-twice
Monday evening I found myself with a couple of hours and since my youngest son had been pointing at my rod rack and saying "Daddy I go fishing," for about two weeks I decided to grab him and another son for a short goodbye to the ice trip in the warm afternoon son.

We fished for about two hours and caught four trout. The fish started biting right before dark and my youngest son was in no mood for fishing as daylight savings time hit him hard. I said, "come reel in this fish." He said, "NO Daddy" and shoved his hands in his pockets. I just laughed at the luck since I know an hour earlier he would have been elated. O'well next time.

I thought that was the end of the ice season for me, but I got out of meetings early on Saturday. I grabbed a couple of my boys and we ran to Ririe for the last two hours of light. Ended up being a great evening. We caught five kokanee, five cutts, two perch, and two suckers.

We threw the suckers out for the eagle. Just like clock work the eagle came off the cliff and snatched the sucker off the ice. It was so heavy he flew a short distance rested and then took it further away. About a 1/2 hour later he came back and got the other one. This time a hawk fought him for dinner. The eagle was flying upside down fighting the hawk. It was awesome!!! The eagle won and took the other sucker. What a way to end the season. My sons were impressed.

Windriver
[signature]
Great way to end the ice fishing season.
[signature]