Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web.3/21 - and discussion with some folks about trespassing
[url "http://utahwildlife.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=5&p=267644"] [/url]I really don't know what my problem is??? The second fish I caught was a nice brown over 21 in. Ok where's the pic???? Just don't understand what my problem is!!!! Caught him, unhooked him and released him. Then it came to me, why didn't you take a pic.????? I just can't seem to make the connection of pic. taking when I'm excited and want to get him back into the water. Damn!!! Which I had taken a pic., it was about the largest for me this season. Took a few more of some nice guys but nothing like the biggy. [Image: icon_cry.gif] [Image: icon_cry.gif] Caught a few more med. guys too. Oh well, only spent about 3 1/2 hrs on the river again since I got there after 1:30pm. Was happy with the results but no whities again. Fished below Echo with a prince and something similar to a miracle midge nymph that was suggested by a fellow BFT fisherman for whities and caught about 50-50 on ea.(no whities).Went to the S. end of the club and watched some folks come down off the freeway, cross two barbed wire fences and began fishing in the "big hole". Asked if they were club members, no-----, asked if they realized if they crossed private property to get to this hole and they explained that they were told it was "state" property. Yeah, uh huh. Any way I have a thing about not being an **** so I explained that they were dead wrong in about as nice of terms as I could, probably a little pointed saying "wrong" etc. Anyway they asked If they could go ahead and fish a while and I said sure, as long as you're here - enjoy the rest of the day and said if the property guy comes down on his 4 wheeler and to give them a lot of stuff, just tell him that a club member explained their mistake and the could fish a while and leave. This area is pretty well known for this trespass and I have mixed feeling personally. I truly want everyone to enjoy this sport but I have a problem with folks that knowingly break the law to do so. They were bait fishing too which doesn't rest well with me but it's legal below Echo so-----. Enough said.Go ahead guys, take you your shots at me. Might even be entertaining. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] So, was I too nice and gullible?? I felt better personally even though they may have been lying thru their teeth. However, if I see em again there I probably will act a bit different.

[inline "3-21 -1.jpg"]

[inline "3-21 -2.jpg"]
[signature]
can ya shed some light on your club? a PM would be cool also
[signature]
what club are you talking about? just curious.
[signature]
Kudos for confronting these guys !!!

As for the problem with these trespassers goes call the local authorities or maybe even the DWR poaching hotline.

Trespassing was one of the major examples Private Landowners used to get HB141 passed ( something about anglers riding the horses of a private land owner ect ect)

It sucks we have come to this point but between trash, trespassing and poaching im tired of these people running a muck on our waters. Trespassing gives more fuel for private land owners to convince there exaggerated realities that 1. Hb141 was the correct decision and 2. To conjure up stricter rules come this next election.

Yes I too would like to know more about this club ...
[signature]
Pm sent. [Smile]
[signature]
Pm sent. [Smile]
[signature]
Pm sent.[Smile]
[signature]
OH.. Completely forgot to mention the fish you caught... [Wink]

Congrats !!! Those are some good looking browns too bad about not getting a pic of that hog Ive done the same even dropped my camera in the water while trying to juggle a fish and take a pic.
[signature]
You should keep your camera on a neck strap. It makes it much easier and safer to take pictures of your fish. I know I'd hate to be without mine.
[signature]
i'm all for public rights on public waters, but it's idiots like those guys who get bills like 141 passed and ruin it for the rest of us. i bet they left a dirt-filled styrofoam cup, a powerbait jar, and 6 empty natty light cans behind too.
[signature]
I have the pet peeve with wearing things around my neck everything and anything makes it itch. I did have the hand strap but while I was doing the hokey poky to juggle the fish and not hurt it it some how slipped off my wrist and right in the drink.
[signature]
I understand. Sometimes if something is on my neck in just the wrong way, I end up getting a crook in my neck. Still, for me, a neck strap has been a great thing.
[signature]
Leaky,
You are obviously a nice guy and tried to educate these 2 who where trespassing. But let me ask you when you became a member of this club where you told club members had exclusive rights to fish that section on the Weber ( ie it's private and not that the public owns the river in Utah/U.S. ? Has this club allowed people to float or fish the Weber if they accessed it legally (it's always been legal upto now by the way)? Again don't take this personally. But I'd just like to hear if your club has been following the laws as well or if someone has been profiting by behavior that is illegal just like the trespassing is illegal. I hope the Sparkinator is recovering as I miss the posts with him.
[signature]
First I need to reiterate these guys parked off the freeway and crossed 2 fences the last with no trespassing signs. The nearest legal access is approximately 2 mi. down river from that point (1mi. dwn river from the beginning of the club). The folks that take care of the property club are well aware that if fishermen access at that point and walk up the river to the club that they are well withing their rights to do so. But --------, they do check folks to verify that that is how they accessed the club. I personally have met 2 groups and observed the club guy check em and wish them well after verifying proper entry. I personally verified this after we passed each other on the river and I questioned em to see how things went. The club folks are cool but this one particular area by the freeway is a favorite illegal access point and the sheriff has given many a ticket in this area.
[signature]
Leaky,
That's great that your club is following the rules. A few of us will walk a couple miles upstream fishing even if we have to walk a couple miles out. I fish one stretch that's seven miles between access points. Admittedly I only cover all 7 miles about once every 2 years. It takes me a while to forget how hard that really is and do it again. I like to cover a lot of a river- good exercise and no better way to make a 50 fish afternoon routine.
[signature]