Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenger's Angling Club
Hey guys -- <br>Anyone hear about the Challenger's Angling Club? They meet over at the Covina bowl on the 4th wednesday of every month. I'm going to go check out their meeting on the 24th. Hope they have some good things to say!<br><br>Brian<br><br>
Hey Mike:<br>The meeting was great! They are a great buncha guys, and they really know how to fish. This year they apparently will be taking charters about once a month on the Aztec out of Long Beach, limited load. They've got a lot of 1 day trips and a couple of day and a half trips! I'm jazzed and I'm going to join up and take some of the trips! Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I thought i did, but my browser was freaking out. I'll tell you guys about how the trips turn out!<br><br>Brian<br><br>
Well, I heard back from those madcap anglers at the Challengers Angling club. Apparently the featured speaker for the February general meeting is Rob Castellon of the Celia Angelina. He will be talking about fishing Magdalena Bay down off of San Felipe Mexico. I've never fished in a panga before, but from what I hear, fishing the mangroves down there will get you pargo, yellowtail, cabrilla, and other delicious goodies. The meeting place is at the Covina Bowl in the City of Covina, on February 27th, 2002 at 7:00 pm. The address is 1060 W. San Bernardino Rd, Covina. Email their charter master at Norenfish@hotmail.com for more details! I heard they are going to have some neat goodies to raffle off as well at this meeting. I happened to show up to the last meeting and they gave away a penn 555 reel as well as a really nice Seeker rod. I was flabbergasted!!! They also had a few "secret" prizes which turned out to include a couple of fishing licenses! I hope my luck is better this month, because I didn't win any of the goodies last month.<br><br>If you are a member, they have a special loser's drawing, where you put in your losing tickets and you have a chance at free admission to one of their charters! I didn't win that either, but then again I don't have many tickets in that raffle. I think I'll join these fine group of fishermen and maybe I'll be able to win that loser's raffle!!<br><br><br><br>
sounds like a great trip and a great bunch of anglers <br>thanks for this report<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>For Kids Sake <br>Recycle your old Equipment<br>Dave