Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the lower Bear River deep enough for trolling?
Is the lower bear river deep enough for trolling?

Can you use an electric trolling motor? I happen to have an inflatable boat I would like to take to the bear river.
[signature]
During run-off yes. But be careful lots of stuff in that river that will tear your boat.
[signature]
trolling would probably not work due to all the crap on the bottom, however in mid summer when the water goes down, drifting/jigging jigs and /worms/minnows with the current has been productive for me. as for now until they start irrigating you will be fighting a fair amount of current.
[signature]
Not my neck of the woods (or genre) so I'm curious where is the lower bear river?
[signature]
Lower Bear runs from Cutler Reservoir, north west of Logan, and ends at the bird refuge well west of Brigham City. Runs through Tremonton, through a bunch of farming areas, and passing through Corrine before hitting the bird refuge.
[signature]
I live below the dam 3 miles and you can wade accross in a lot of spots! you could probably float it and fish the deeper holes??
[signature]
I agree with TB, jigs would be the way to go, don't see how you could troll the river, with any degree of success.
[signature]
You can wade across? Like where you wade across is it over your waist deep?
[signature]
It depends on the spot but down toward the bird refuge, there is an area that isn't over your knees. Lots of spots that aren't over your waist.
[signature]
what type of fish are in the river? Ive seen lots of reports for catfish but what else?
[signature]
Carp, suckers, walleye, green sunfish. Some of the folks that fish it a lot can give you a longer list but I know there are even more above Cutler dam, like small and largemouth bass. There was a report a few years back that said there were gizzard shad in the lower bear river.
[signature]