Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XLDVee, Chick, Bass, 3/24/10, twilson
Thomas asked me to join him today for a trip to the Chick, so of course I obliged and off we went. The day started out rough when Thomas was supposed to pick me up around 9am to head North...but 2 trips to AutoZone and an hour of labor on his brakes pushed our schedule back a few hours. After some cheeseburgers and brunswick stew, we finally got to the water around 2 and put in at the dam. We worked our way North fishing some familiar spots with little luck. Boated a few slicks, a HUGE shiner, and a keeper spot before we set out looking for new water. Fished a lot of shallow water today looking for fish that have moved up a bit. Water temp showed to be 60* in a place or two, so we thought we might have some luck in the shallows. Found a ton of bait working one big shallow flat and I boated a chunky little keeper LM on a blade, but that was it for that spot. The baitfish were literally clouding the surface of the water in this spot they were stacked in there so tight. The water was very clear today out on the main lake, but back in the sloughs it was still fairly stained. We did manage to stumble across a few spots that looked promising for later in the year when the water is at full pool.<br /><br />Anyhow, not a great day for us as far as catching goes, but a beautiful day out on the water! Boated a few, but nothing to brag about. We threw traps, jerks, blades, cranks, jigs, and plastics. Water temps were from 57-60. The bite should start getting good here in the next couple of weeks. Y'all get out there and whack em!!!