Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Question
Can anyone recommend a good rod to use when fishing with rubber worms?
[signature]
Spinning or baitcasting? and how heavy of weight are you going to be using? I'm sure I've got the right rod if you're interested.
[signature]
Spinning - weight 3/8 to 5/8.
[signature]
I've got two rods in mind. Powell rods model #684 and/or 704. The difference between the two is the 684 is 6'-8" and the 704 is 7'-0". They are medium heavy extra fast tip rods, extremely sensitive and light weight. I would compare these rods to G.Loomis, they are made with the same components, lifetime warranty and at well more than half the price they can't be beat. Enough with the sales pitch [angelic]
Unless you are going to be making far off hook sets a 6'-6" to 6'-10" rod is perfect for worming. I use the 6'-8" for worms, senkos and drop shot in deeper water and love it. I can get you a good deal, pm me if interested. I could go on and on about fishing rods, I've had so many different rods by different manufacturers I spent alot of money trying to find the best ones for the best price. I wish I had the internet when I was younger...
[signature]
Those are pretty heavy weights for a spinning rod. Try 1/8, 1/4, and 3/16 weights first.

Nobody uses rubber worms anymore either. Look at Gulp from Berekley and Yammamoto's Senko's.

[signature]
Listen to fsh4fun he will hook ya up. I highly recommend the Powell line of rods. very sensitive. You can feel the fish fart on your line. I Texas rig alot of plastics and i love my powell rods.
[signature]