Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIPER TOURNEY
We are holding a Wiper Tourney at Willard Bay on June 12th if any of you Guys & Gals are interested in joining us. [fishin]
[signature]
Ok. I will bite. What is a Wiper. Tourney?
[signature]
Wipers are a cross between a white bass and a striper. They may be the hardest fighting freshwater fish in the world. They have them in willard and the UTah board tries to have a get together/tournament every year.

Windriver
[signature]
$80 per team I think.
[signature]
Hey Pete!

I might just have to come down and fish it, been a while since I've hooked into one of them Willard Wiper.

PM me the details would ya!
[signature]
The guys from Manic lures are hosting it. $80.00 per team (2 person) entry fee with a $10.00 side pot for largest walleye and one for largest wiper. If we get 50 teams they are planning on paying 1st thru 5th with $1000.00 going to 1st . They also have door prizes donated by sponsors and are planning on having lunch catered. Blast off is at 0700 and back in by 1400. They have a nice camp ground at the North Marina where it will be held but they do charge a fee. Would like to see you join us. They held it last year but limited it to 24 teams, they had people that wanted to sign up after the roster was full, so they got a permit for 50 teams this year. I would like to see some Idaho teams join us, I know we use to get some Idaho teams down for our walleye tournaments. The Wife and I will be fishing this one and then a 2 day walleye tournament in Montana the end of June. You can get more info on crazy4fishn.com.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Pete.

The wife & I fished the very 1st Wiper Tourney at Willard in 2006 put on by BFT. As I recall so did you and your wife, you guys were camped right across from us in the North Marina Campground. I used to fish Willard a lot up until the dam sprung a leak and the water got so low for a few years. I do miss catching those wipers.

You have any plans to fish Kokanee at Anderson Ranch this year? I hear that there getting some nice once out at Luck Peak already.

Maybe we'll see ya at Willard in June!

Mike
[signature]
I haven't been to Anderson for several years. With the new law they have about having to get a sticker for your boat I doubt if I'll make it this year. We have 3 tournaments in June then The Kokanee Fishing Forum is planning a get together in July I think the 9th,10th &11th at Buckboard at the Gorge. Hope you can make it in June, I reserved a spot yesterday for the 10th, 11th & 12th of June at willard.
[signature]