Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Report 7/26 -7/27
Got to Starvation about noon on Saturday and started fishing across the dam and back to the submerged island. Once we had gone across to the far east side picked up one 23" brown trout - great fighter.

The rest of the day was staying away bad boat drives. There must have been a convention of these folks because I have never seen it so bad. Example: I let on a crank bait 40' and put on a 3 ounce snap-on weight and let it out to 98'. A lady with 3 kids in the boat and 3 on a float tude cuts across the back and cuts my 17 lb. line and I loss $8 worth of gear. She didn't even look back.

Another great one - Early the next morning (7:30 am) my brother and I are fishing above the bridge and had not seen a boat on the water. Well hear comes one and it another lady all by herself and she cut my brother outfit right off. We flag her down and she says sorry but she can't find the marina and she was just coming close to ask us the way.

Why can't these people know the law - 150 feet isn't that far. I realize that the two worst offenders were women - but that just means that the person who taught them to drive the boat didn't explain to them the fisherman's rights.

I am thinking it is time to get a boat driver's license like Oregon just implemented. Teach this people the diffenece between right and wrong. I realize that the ignorance is no excuse and I could have gotten there boat license and turned them in but the effort sometimes just isn't worth it. I have enough gray hair.

PLEASE teach the propper way to navigate our waterways safely.

FISHING REPORT - all walleyes were about 10" and the rest were chubs. I would not fish this lake till fall when the bigger fish might be willing to bite. Lots of small mouth - the 4 to 10" slot size.

Can't wait for the Perch party - ready to battle the Jordenelle ski traffic - I'm all warmed up.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I think that I might hit starvation when it cools down a little. I have had my share of bad boaters while I have been out in the tube this year also.
Tincanfsh
[signature]
Great report. Thanks for sharing. I understand your frustration with the crazy boaters. It's seems chronic anymore. Just a tip. Try Starvation on any weekday and you pretty much have it to yourself.

Good Walleye Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I am a yea for the boat drivers license!!!! People just do not get it out there!!! I enjoy fishing and water sports recreation, but lately I have been thinking twice about jumping in the water and putting on that wakeboard, cause when I crash I feel that I become open game for boat drivers target!!! I am incredibly surprised we havent heard alot of boating accidents this year. As for fishing, I guess it is because I know how it feels to have a stupid skier or wakeboarder basically rooster tail me next to my boat. But I ignore that 150 foot rule when driving the boat, I like the 400-500 foot rule!!!! Unless the Hawaiian tropic bikini team is fishing then I am about the 50 foot or closer rule [cool]. But that encounter hasnt happened quite yet!!!!
[signature]
THE WOST EXPERIENCES I'VE HAD THIS YEAR ARE WITH THE PWC'S. I SWEAR SOMETIMES THE TRY TO SEE HOW CLOSE TO YOU THEY CAN GET. LIKE POLO SAID I TRY TO GIVE AS MUCH ROOM TO OTHERS AS I POSSABLY CAN. UNLESS I FIND THE BIKINI TEAM BEFORE HE DOES (AND IF THE WIFE AINT WITH ME AT THE TIME) WE WERE AT EAST CANYON LAST SUNDAY AND I WATCHED THE RANGER CHASE DOWN SEVERAL BOATS BUT THEY KINDA IGNORED THE PWC'S. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE A GUY COULD PICK UP SOME SURPLUS TORPEDOS??

a-b
[signature]
[cool]Since the marinas are pretty much getting too low for launching, this is the kind of water skiing you're gonna have to put up with...when the boys from Hill wanna go skiing.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0909153.jpg]

For the PWCs, you need to get one of these.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0918392.jpg]

Might recommend having Tim Allen help you swap out that puny electric trolling motor for a big 150 Yammy...or a 440 inboard.
[signature]