Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
salmon steelhead fishin 04/01/10
Talked the girlfriend into going up steelhead fishing for my 2nd and her 1st trip ever. arrived and stayed in salmon late friday night, woke up to the roar of trucks poaring in to fish so i thought i would go ahead and get up and fish even though we were headed to Ebenezer. Walked over to the river and caught a beautiful buck after a few casts( shoulda stayed). headed in on to ebenezer and was excited to see everybody with stringers of fish, but that did not last, fishing shut off. We ended up catching 3 a piece in 3 days including my girlfriends first ever. Headed back to salmon wed night and fished for about 2 hours and landed 4 including a 29" hen my girlfriend caught, wow shoulda stayed there in the first place!!!!! Rise and shine next moring and got some fishing in before the 7 hour drive home, ended up catching 3 more and loosing 5. All in all an awesome trip and the girlfriend is addicted to it. heres some fish pics seeing this is a fishing site.
[signature]
Great pictures looks like you had a great time. For everyones information I have put Steelhead back on my bucketlist. I will probably start working on them next year.[laugh]

Windriver
[signature]
Great post and pic thanks for sharing [cool]
[signature]
Nice post! That woman can fish. What worked for you? If you'd rather not say that's fine... I do best with bobber and jig tipped w/shrimp but the new Mepps line has me thinking.
[signature]
Nice job, sounds like you and the girlfriend made some graet memories. Is the river running clear or is it getting murky?
[signature]
the river came up a little during the week and visibility got less but it was still not bad.
we caught them on lots of stuff, pink worms, corky w/black fly, but the the most productive was an orange corky with some row. we drifted/bottom bounced for all our fish.
[signature]