Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any open water at buckboard yet
Was
wanting to hit the buckboard aera as soon as there was water away from the shore. Anyone seen or heard any thing on the gourge opening up on the wy side.
While Im here any one know how to get the dreaded burbot during the summer there. It would not be to basd to have several pounds in thr freezer to hepl get them under controle.
I checked out sulpher last week hopeing for some open shore line water. no go. The dam area is allways hot just as you can get a lione in 5 foot of open water. Last year caught several nice trout on worms and mellows. Joe
[signature]
Its open. Been open for a while.
[signature]
Fish for them using the same lures you do in the winter under the ice. Glow tubes, grubs, jigging spoons, etc. tipped with bait (sucker, chub, crawler) fished just off the bottom. If you don't have access to the boat and want to try from shore, you'll have to adapt some. I've had some success using a sliding egg sinker followed by a 12-inch leader and a Northland floating glow jighead tipped with sucker. They'll be pretty shallow for a while but once the surface temps climb above 50F you'll have to follow them as they move deeper. Good luck, Ryno
[signature]
Due to the horrific weather up there this last week, our Easter weekend trip got postponed to this coming Thursday through Sunday. (8th-11th). We're planning on hitting up the buckboard area at least once for some burbs. I'll post a report after we get back and let you know how it was. Later.
[signature]