Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beginner
Just got my first fly rod for Christmas and the first few times I went out all i caught were bushes and trees, but still had a great time. I have been reading ya'lls posts and decided to try out the BWO at tibble fork and caught four Browns in about an hour and missed countless other strikes the biggest was 13" but he felt like a monster!

Last night i stopped by the Provo river to try my luck with the Bwo and i caught six Browns nothing big but wow i had a great time!

I am definitely hooked and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone! Your posts are very helpful to us beginners.
[signature]
the best thing i have heard was said by HFT:

Welcome to the fun and the frustration!

keep posting on how your doing, alot of folks on here are willing to help ya out!
[signature]
You ever need a fishing bud, I'll go wit ya. Fished with six or so guys yesterday... but then again I have more of a passion to share/watch than to fish, although I do make sure I'm still on top of my game
[signature]
Congrats, and welcome to the obsession. BWO is one of my go to flies when I don't know exactly what's coming off the water. I just try to match the size. Fish on dude!!![fishin]
[signature]
Welcome aboard Joeylc!!! nice stories.
[signature]
thanks for the warm welcome ya'll
[signature]
Hi there Joey.
TWO WORDS to live by.....ROLL CAST...LOL
Give a shout next trip to Tibble. Getting a new tube this weekend I will want to break in and it is for the little lakes like tibble.
[signature]